Obviously ‘Cuse is #1 for school pride

‘Cuse has officially been ranked #1 for school pride by Business Insider

If you’ve stepped within a five mile radius of Syracuse’s campus you know that we all “bleed orange”. The spirit of Otto can be seen in every store window, on every sweatshirt, and obviously, at every tailgate. Now Business Insider and the Princeton Review have provided you with all of the statistical evidence you could ever need to rub in your FSU friend’s face (cough #15 cough cough).

Here’s everything you need to know about ‘Cuse spirit:

We have two stores outside of the actual university that are solely dedicated to ‘Cuse apparel. (Lookin at you Buy One Get One and Manny’s) See? Now you have two more places to go to buy that ‘Cuse cheerleading outfit for your dog that you obviously needed. Don’t have a dog? How about rockin’ that “Beat Duke” shirt you’ve been eyeing? (not to draw attention to it or anything…but Duke didn’t even make the list)

Even our alumni can’t seem to shake the orange fever. Can you blame them? As if you needed any evidence, check out our current VP giving a pep talk in the basketball locker room. Even the White House bleeds orange.

No matter what the weather may be, (don’t get us started) ‘Cuse students are always ready to walk to the Dome. Whether they’re sporting a cheerleading skirt and a crop top or a duvet cover and an electric blanket, you know there will be a huge turnout at every game.

I’m sorry but our mascot is an orange. All of these other schools have lions, and tigers, and bears (oh my) and we can win school pride by idolizing a literal piece of fruit. Sidenote: If you haven’t already, definitely check out the SUV-sized stuffed Otto in the bookstore. It would be a great addition to your common room. Don’t lie. You’ve thought about it.

Obviously…our tailgates. You just haven’t been to a tailgate until you’ve been to Castle Court. Let’s just say, there’s a very valid reason that DPS cars just sit at the perimeter waiting for someone to arrest or write up. Seriously, what does DPS actually do? If you go to a tailgate you’re sure to see: girls on elevated surfaces (tbh where on campus do you not see that?), full face paint, people standing on cars and screaming, a million and a half Instagram photoshoots going on at once, but most importantly, orange and blue as far as the eye can see.

We’re definitely the only school that can make the colors orange and blue not look hideous next to each other. I mean come on. Heard of the color wheel? Scientifically proven to be opposites.

Our Final Four celebration, that is all. They flew actual drones over Castle Court to show the mosh-pit unfolding at the end of Walnut. Shoutout to the guy who thought it would be a good idea to rip a tree out of the ground and light the end on fire and wave it as a ceremonial torch in the middle of a group of thousands. Also, props to the student who had legitimate fireworks on hand, and the guy who walked the Phi Psi horse all the way to Castle, and the barricade of DPS officers.

Special not shout out (more like a shout at) t people who throw bottles into the crowd at tailgates. Seriously guys. Not funny.

So thank you Business Insider for escorting us down the red carpet, seating us on our rightful throne, and crowning us the champions of school spirit. As if we needed a bunch of stats to tell us what we already knew!

Syracuse University