These alumni are melting hearts with their Syracuse love story

Lindsey and Ryan Lamchick are Cuse couple goals

Going to college there is always the possibility that one of your fellow students could actually be the one. The thought that one person out of 15,000 on this campus could be the person that you share the rest of your life with can feel improbable.

These two SU alums beat the odds and found one another in a sea of orange.

It’s a modern day love story. The ultimate power couple shared intimate details of their love life, how they met, and life in the real-world, post-‘Cuse.

Warning: prepare to cry tears of joy because they are just that cute.

Recently the Syracuse Instagram posted a photo of the alumni couple, Ryan and Lindsey kissing on the famous kissing bench with their children cheering them on in the back. Lindsey and Ryan have a Syracuse dream relationship that we all wish for ourselves.

Lindsey was a photojournalism major in Alpha Omicron Pi, and Ryan was a finance major in Pi Kappa Alpha. They started college with goals most SU students have – to graduate and enjoy the orange college experience. Unknowingly, the two ventured to Harry’s and Sud’s Factory and sparked a meet cute that would later lead to entire happy family.

Did you hear that folks? Armory Square bars and Harry’s is not just a place for getting drunk with your friends and forgetting a bad grade you received earlier in the day, it also the place where love blooms.

For Ryan, their first interaction was love at first sight.

Lindsey describes the scene a little differently 

“My little sister in the sorority, Lauren, was his best friend. He first saw me a year before we started dating and told his friends, ‘I’m gonna marry that girl.’ It was at a sorority event at the Suds Factory in Armory Square.”

Ryan remembered meeting at the sorority event, but Lindsey did not. They later met again at Harry’s and the cards all fell into place.

When they finally got together they made sure their moments together were spent at many of the cool location Syracuse and Upstate New York. They went cliff diving at Buttermilk Falls near Cornell, and enjoyed going to Rosalie’s Cucina in Skaneateles. Lindsey even taught Ryan how to drive a stick-shift in Armory Square.

“We would take each other to classes and just loved being together and enjoying every minute,” said Lindsey.

“On the weekends and Tuesdays, we went out at nights to Harry’s and then to the adjoining pizza place. He lived in 208 Comstock and I lived very close by on Comstock. We loved dancing together out at bars and at after hours.”

“Unfortunately we didn’t have that much time together at Syracuse since we started dating October of my senior year. We loved going to Cosmos Diner on Marshall Street-so sad it closed. We also loved going to football and basketball games in the Dome.”

However, Lindsey graduating did not impact their relationship. She made sure she visited Ryan and made each moment enjoyable.

“After I graduated, I loved going back to visit. For his graduation, I went to visit and got him an Xbox since he stayed up for summer LSAT classes. I sent him on a scavenger hunt to all of the meaningful places we had been together, including the Kissing Bench. While he was out, his friends helped me set up the Xbox,” she said.

Since Ryan is younger and I was already working in finance in NYC he took a finance job. Then, we both went to University of Miami School of Law. We got engaged my last year of law school and found out we passed the bar exam the day we got back from our honeymoon. We lived in South Beach and enjoyed being newly weds. After graduating law school, we both worked at big law firms, but now have our own firm with my father-in-law, The Lamchick Law Group. We specialize in commercial litigation and transactional real estate.”

The couple had twins who are most definitely future Orangemen. According to Ryan, “they definitely bleed orange.” The couple said that they’re favorite time is family time.

They are truly a Syracuse fairytale. They have now been together for 10 years and they are definition of #SUcouplegoals.

This successful ‘Cuse couple gave some advice for those of us pursuing college relationships.

Lindsey encourages couples to enjoy the college experience, and not be a couple that is together 24/7. A healthy relationship finds the balance of time together and time apart.

“We both loved each other’s friends and still do. We had so many of our college friends in our wedding party. It was such a great wedding because most of our friends are friends. Our Syracuse friends and our law school friends.” said Lindsey.

Ryan gave advice about of how to transfer the relationship from college the real world.

“One week together in college is like one month in the real world. One month of dating in college is like one year in the real world, etc. So the time you spend together is comprehensive and gives you a real opportunity to learn about someone as they adjust on the fly to new things and opportunities. You get to see strengths and weaknesses clearly, and if you like what you see you might just be hanging out with your future spouse.”

Like everything in life, you have to work hard for the things you cherish. However, having grown up together so much throughout college, enabled us to be in the best situation to build a new life together outside of college.”

Ryan said that his favorite part of being at Syracuse was meeting his wife. When asked what his favorite tradition was, he said that it was the ever popular kissing bench.

“Well, since we kissed on the kissing bench and later got married, I’d have to say that.”

They are truly a Syracuse fairytale. They have now been together for 10 years.

Syracuse University