What you missed this week at Cuse

THE SEMESTER IS ALMOST OVER

img-4170-1-e1461343262757-768x1024

With the semester coming to a halt, ‘Cuse is getting busy! Here is what you missed this past week on The Hill:

University Union hosted their field day

Photos taken by Daryan-Rose Havens, Freshman

University Union hosted a field day on the Quad Tuesday which featured a bouncy house and multiple Block Party floor ticket giveaways!

AND MAYFEST WAS ANNOUNCED

Vince Staples, Louis The Child and PUBLIC are set to take the stage at Mayfest next Friday, April 29th.

They also gave away Block Party tees

UU gave away Block Party tanks throughout the week. This prompted long lines on the quad, as pictured above.

You had to present you ticket in order to get a tank.

Clinton and Trump took the New York primary

Signs urging people to vote dotted the campus on Tuesday in light of the New York Primary

Tuesday was the New York primary in which Hilary Clinton and Donald J. Trump took the win for the state.

Their win came after their visit to Syracuse the week prior in their attempts to host rallies around New York.

4.20: the high of the week for some 

Wednesday was April 20th, better known as 4/20 for those stoners out there. Students asking their parents what 4/20 was and it was hilarious.

Happy Holidaze!

Syracuse Basketball Legend Dwayne “Pearl” Washington passed away

Pearl, SU basketball alum, passed away after a tough battle with brain cancer on Wednesday, he was 52.

Jimmy John’s had $1 subs

The sub shop offered a promotional $1 sub to consumers on Thursday afternoon. This prompted long lines, as expected.

The step team, Black Reign, hosted their 10th annual show

Black Reign hosted their 10th annual show in Goldstein Auditorium on Thursday night. The show, #Mood, was done as a rendition of Disney-Pixar’s Inside Out and featured the storyline of a girl beginning her journey at SU.

The show featured the talent of the step team and was both exciting and fun for the audience to watch.

Stomp The Quad

On Friday afternoon, the annual Stomp The Quad took place in front of Hendrick’s Chapel.

This gathering is presented yearly by The National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations Syracuse University.

Earthfest

Earthfest was held in Thornden Park on Sunday afternoon in light of Earth Day on April 22.

The event included morning yoga, live performances and a plethora of vendors from around the Syracuse community.

Many people came out to enjoy the afternoon in Thornden.

SU Social Media Moments:

*this happened*

This mysterious account of ~Hunks of SU~ arose on the social media scene. The account features a variety of hunks and boasts their charming attributes in cleverly-worded captions.

Syracuse University