Sorry not sorry for ruining your March Madness brackets

They didn’t want us in the tournament, but we’re still dancin’

We’ve heard it all, and we get it: You all think that Syracuse didn’t deserve a spot in the tournament.

Well, guess what? You’re damn wrong.

Jimmy Boeheim has taken the Orange deeper in the tournament than he picks his nose. Keep picking Jim, keep picking.

We weren’t supposed to beat the seven-seeded Dayton in the first round, but boy, did we man-handle them. And when we beat Middle Tennessee State, they went from the “tough underdog” team to the typical 15-seed. Then we matched up with the “strong, unmatchable” Zags of Gonzaga. My oh my, was that game stressful, BUT yet again the Orange danced on and into the Elite Eight.

Sunday came around, and supposedly Syracuse met its match in a tough Virginia team. That was supposed to be the end of the road. We had our fun, but yet again, everyone was counting us out. Virginia was “sure to cruise into the Final Four.”

When Syracuse was down by 16 at the half, I’ll admit, I was shaking a little. Then, with nine minutes left in the game, it happened. The Orangemen resurrected on a fine Easter Sunday to bless us all with a glorious win.

Castle Court happened (in case you didn’t know). Swamped in orange and blue, Castle was the highlight of the weekend as thousands of people stormed it to celebrate.

So you can complain all you want that we shouldn’t be in the tournament, but this run has proved we belong, and we’re not stopping just yet. Jim Boeheim’s smile will keep you up at night, you still won’t know how to pronounce “Gbinije” and Trevor Cooney will somehow still be on the team next year.

*Cue the mic drop*

Syracuse University