What you missed this week at Cuse

It was a lot

Here’s what happened at Cuse this week.

Winter Carnival

Winter Carnival took place this week with a week long of free giveaways, Otto appearances, free food and Orange Pride. Shine atrium was decked out on Tuesday and Wednesday where prizes including a cool orange fanny pack were given out and activities like spin art and photo booths were available for use.

Night time activities included ANOTHER DRAG SHOW!! How cool! As well as trivia nights, glow in the dark skating and a comedy show. This week was ran by the SU Traditions Commission.

Free Chili in the HBC Patio!

It was sooo good!

The Chili cook-off included many sent in recipes which were given free to students, a perfect treat for a cold day. Students were prompted to text the given number to vote for their favorite. The winner of this year’s chili cook-off was Otto the Orange with his submission of “Orange ya Glad it has Oranges in it” chili! Go Otto!

Orange at the Glow in the Dark skating night at Tennity

Drag Show in Goldstein

#CuseASM and #IAmEnough week

The ladies of Alpha Gamma Delta and the SU Panhellenic Council put on a week that emphasized women empowerment and strength through their I Am Enough campaign. This week included a talk in Goldstein Auditorium on Wednesday night with Dr. Jenn Gunsaullus, a sexologist. She spoke about the presence of hookup culture within the university setting and emphasized the need for women empowerment.

Yoga in the Dome

On Thursday night, around 400 people gathered in the Dome for a late night yoga session. The night was put on through Hendricks Chapel and included an hour of instruction.

SU Beat NC State in the last home game

The senior’s last game in the dome resulted in a win over NC State. The final score was 61-56.

Castle Court is back

The return of Castle Court came on Saturday’s game day for a last hoorah at a tailgate during the last home game for the season. Castle Court is what, arguably, drove Cuse to the #1 party slot. Is retaliation in the future of ‘Cuse’ reclaiming of its party-school title?

SU Social Media Moments

In lieu of the DAMN DANIEL internet phenomenon, this yakker gave the catchy phrase a ‘Cuse spin.

Canada Geese continued to flock on campus.

Random Things

With a “Meatless Monday” punchcard, you can purchase 5 overpriced healthy food items and receive… one free PIECE OF FRUIT… not that you couldn’t take one from the dining hall or anything?!?!?!

Syracuse University