What went down in ‘Cuse this week

There was an awesome drag show nbd

Just another week on the Hill, here is what you missed this week.

The weather is driving us crazy

A make-shift icy absorber on the Mount Steps helped cover black ice that many students had slipped on. Shoutout to whoever sacrificed their American Girl towel for this reason. My ego and boy thank you for preventing a possible wipe-out.

Icy sidewalks made walking from class to class a very daunting task. Pro tip: Walk slowly in a sort of shuffle-like manor to prevent eating shit in front of crowds of people.

The weather this week has brought us nearly every type of weather that can occur. We started the week off with negative temperatures, worked our way to intense down pouring rain which then turned into heavy snow. The week continued with frozen sidewalks and rivers of puddles flooding the campus and ended with temperatures in the 50s . This week has been a classic example of Syracuse weather… stressful and confusing, that is.

The weather brought many implications for campus life, including pipes bursting in many academic and residential buildings, poorly shoveled sidewalks and cancelled classes due to weather related reasons.

We became the first large private university to back the Senate’s sexual assault bill

On February 17th, SU became the first large private university to back the Senate’s Accountability and Safety Act. This act will require schools to have students complete a survey yearly on sexual assault. This is a large step for universities on combatting sexual assaults on campuses nationwide. SU has shown strong support for this cause in its efforts to bring about awareness to sexual assault on campus. Earlier in the year, the campus hosted an “Its on Us” week to raise awareness, which included the visit of Vice President Joe Biden on campus to speak about the issue of sexual assault within the college or university setting.

This is yet another reason why we should all be so proud to be Orange!

The Basketball team fell to Pitt

The Orange had a tough loss to the Pittsburgh Panthers on Saturday with a final score of 66-52.

Otto, our lovely Orange, in a stunt. Go Otto!

SU Lax beat U Albany 16-7

The lax team took home another W on Sunday for their second win of the season making them 2-0.

There was a Drag Show on campus

Social Media Moments

“Get Cultured” kid explodes on snapchat.

This guy was shown multiple times on the SU snap story ranting about how we should “get cultured” and what not. Following his strong social media presence via snapchat was the appearance of an “I don’t know the admin but…” pattern of snaps on the story which included snaps from a man with a mustache and others.

As well as this, there was a trend of “look-a-like” celebs who announced their doppelgängers with their appearances that they said were to be made at Chucks. ‘Twas a crazy weekend for the SU Snap story with many more Snap celebs paving their way to name recognition like LaNia. The question remains: Who is the admin?

LaNia doin her thang.

Enraged Yakkers on the Snap epidemic.

Syracuse University