The Syracuse successes and struggles as told by Drake lyrics

He may be known as 6 God, but Drizzy can relate to life on the Hill

Whether you like his songs or not, Drake has been making hits back to back.

We weren’t at SU when he came to play Mayfest back in 2010, but he picked up on a few things about Cuse Nation.

“Somewhere between psychotic and iconic; somewhere between I want it and I got it”

Like the nights to remember after spending hours walking around Euclid trying to find that ONE house you are able to get into.

“It’s over, yeah it’s over, yeah I’m leaving, I’m gone; I can’t stay here no more and I can’t sleep on the floor. Man, I’m leaving, I’m leaving, you know I got my reasons”

Or the times when we’ve all just hit our tipping point at Club Bird and can’t take studying any longer.

“Just hold on we’re going home. It’s hard to do these things alone”

And the nights some of us just needed a little help from our friends getting home from DJ’s.

“I might be too strung out on compliments, overdosed on confidence”

The intramural games when your team heads to Archbold or the Women’s Building and chalks up the W.

“The fam here, the drink here, the girls here? Well fuck let’s get it then”

Especially the tailgates that are everything you wanted and more.

“Better late than never, but never late is better”

The everyday battle with time to catch the bus from south campus to main and not be late for class.

“I got my eyes on you, you’re everything that I see; I want your high love and emotion endlessly”

The late night treats from M Street, Insomnia Cookies, or any of the glorious places on Marshall Street that hit the spot after midnight.

“I’m livin’ like I’m out here on my last adventure”

The moments when the snow almost keeps you in, but you still brave your way to the bars.

“I cannot see Heaven being much better than this”

And finally the times you realize how majestic our school really is.

Syracuse University