An ode to Mike from DJ’s: It will never be the same without him

Everyone’s favorite manager is headed for the limelight

Mike Cauchon, the manager of popular SU nightlife spot DJ’s on the Hill has left to pursue a huge opportunity.

Mike was super friendly yet had a super stressful job. I can’t imagine running DJ’s five days a week. He said he had a love/hate relationship with the bar.

M-dog worked there for five years, basically throwing a party five nights a week. That’s over 1300 parties, debatably more than the Ski House has thrown.

“That shit gets old,” said the usually jeans-clad manager.

Mike and “Mustache-Man” Steve behind the bar

There’s no denying everyone’s favorite manager will miss us.

“DJ’s is a part of my soul, I will forever miss it. It was the best job in the world,” said the 33 year old who has watched hundreds of kids grow up from freshman through senior year at Syracuse.

So why is Mike leaving? Basically he got a dope job as the Vice-President of three TV stations and a production company. Intrigue.TV is located in Hartford, CT. What most students don’t know is that Mike previously was a radio DJ/personality at 93Q as well as TV host WHILE he managed DJ’s.

I’m telling you: this guy is amazing.

Mike is becoming the host of a TV show he describes as a volunteer/vacationing show in different locations around the world such as Costa Rica, Thailand, and even frickin’ Antarctica. The idea is that a family stays for free in an impoverished location with the locals and they volunteer around four hours a day in the community.

Mike chillin’ with some SU students.

There will be exotic animals, foreign architecture, and instagram-worthy food.

The only thing left to do is film. Mike says that his boss has big connections and that major networks have expressed interest in picking up the show.

Mike grew up in Syracuse and has spent the majority of his life near our fields of orange. This is his first big move. He wants to keep in touch with students that he has formed connections with over the years.

The ‘Cuse student favorite might be leaving but his legacy will be left behind.

“Mike turned DJ’s into a staple of Syracuse University,” said sophomore Dane Van Benthuysen.

Sophomore Eric Santangelo recalls nights at DJ’s when Mike would say “don’t you guys go to class?” and “it’s okay man, just have fun.”

Mike kickin’ it with some SU students.

“I’m really going to miss Mike. I remember he would always come over and talk to us whenever we were there, no matter how busy it was,” said sophomore Gray Henderson.

From all of those, including myself, who have been kicked out of DJ’s for various reasons (fishbowl poured on my head) or hold fond memories of sweaty dancing & a sticky floor, we wish Mike the best of luck with his life changes and new pursuits.

DJ’s will never be the same and we’re going to miss him tenfold.

Syracuse University