Why I took my finals stoned

Getting high can actually help you out

Nothing is more stressful than taking finals. Whether you’re acing Biology or failing Physics, one thing remains the same: finals are a good chunk of your grade in any class and how well you do on them could either make or break your grade.

Now it’s a week later and all that stress has just magically disappeared. But for some people around Syracuse they were cool as a cucumber thanks to a little help from their “friends.”

Some will give you study hacks that leave you exhausted and restless. We spoke to students – let’s call them Josh, Sarah, Liz, and Nick – who gave us an inside about their key to success: weed and methamphetamines.

“I take Ritalin to help me feel alert and aware for my test, and help me focus in a really boring subject. I smoke weed before my exams to calm my nerves and make me feel better about what I’m about to do. It is so nerve-wracking,” Josh said.

“When I get high I have an alter ego who is a go-getter. It’s relaxing and anxiety reducing. It also helps you go to bed earlier which helps you get a good night’s rest,” Sarah told The Tab.

“I have been taking Adderall since 6th grade. If I’m taking a 30 it lasts for six-ish hours so I get all my shit done. When I’m not doing that I smoke weed to relax,” Liz said.

“Amphetamines make me sit and focus, which helps me be more productive. I also always end up doing better on my work when I am on them opposed to when I am not,” Nick explained.

Weed and methamphetamines may not be your key to success, but it clearly has some positive affect on some students. Maybe the next time you have an all nighter ahead of you or you just need to relax after a massive final, you know what can help you out.

Syracuse University