Here’s your Hope Benefit Concert recap

In case you missed this awesome concert, we’ve got you covered

As the dreadful week of finals begins for most of us, Syracuse will forever remember the festival of a lifetime featuring a Syracuse native, the coolest DJ ever and Mr. Pen Griffey himself.

The Hope Benefit Concert is an annual event done by the Delta Zeta Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated. The proceeds of the concert go towards a charity within the Syracuse community. This year, the theme changed drastically by being presented as a festival.

If you spent your weekend inside Byrd studying your life away don’t worry, The Tab got an inside scope of the performance for you.

Dance Troupe Outlaws

Before the big names came out Syracuse’s very own Dance Troupe Outlaws took the stage.

Post Malone

The first up on the roster was Syracuse’s finest, Post Malone. He is known for his hit singles White Iverson and Too Young.

DJ Esco

DJ Esco is probably the coolest DJ to come to Syracuse. You’ll usually find him DJing for Future, but over the weekend he got to shine on his own.

He hyped the crowd so much a female student tore her ACL in the crowd… ouch.

Bryson Tiller aka Pen Griffey

Last but certainly not least was Bryson Tiller better know as Pen Griffey.

When you get a personal picture with Bryson Tiller

The artist was working at Papa Johns trying to make ends meet for him and his two year old daughter. Now, he is becoming one of the hottest artist’s of the year.

With only $600 and a dream, Tiller dropped his best known single Don’t . After the right recognition, Tiller blew up and soon signed to RCA records.

Being a big Bryson Tiller fan I plotted and dodged security to be able to get photos with my future husband. He also sung directly at me while being at the concert.

For those who were there it will always be a night to remember and for those who weren’t… Well hate to say it but you definitely missed something great!

But hey there is always next year and we have the Alphas to thank for that.

Syracuse University