I had my guy friend pick my outfits for a week

‘That’s a bathrobe’

Everyone claims boys either have zero sense of style or an amazing taste in fashion. Curious, I decided to put this debate to the test.

I had one of my guy friends (hey Carver) choose my outfits for a week and, well, I’ll let the results speak for itself…

Monday

He looked around my closet for a solid 10-15 minutes before finally putting this outfit together.

His choice of a button down shirt, a light cardigan, a pair of jeans but I had to make sure they were rolled up twice, and a pair of Nike sneakers went well together.

I would have swapped the sneakers for a pair of cute boots, though.

Would I wear this again? Maybe. I would wear each article of clothing separately, but not together.

Rating: 5/10

Tuesday

Carver: “Wear this tank top, with these jeans, and this cardigan.”

Me: “…that’s a bathrobe.”

Carver: “Even better.”

I’m pretty sure his thought process here was let’s make her look as homeless as possible.

Would I wear this again? If I’m lounging around my house, definitely! Out in public? Not a chance.

Rating: 2/10

Wednesday

At last, a normal-ish outfit.

A hooded sweatshirt, jeans, and sneakers, is an outfit I would normally wear. However, he made sure I tied the hoodie so the only part of my face noticeable were my eyes, nose, and mouth. *hides*

Would I wear this again? Yes, It was so comfy and warm!

Rating: 7/10

Thursday

Surprisingly, this outfit looks very chic and fashionable. The plaid button-down paired with the slightly oversized jean jacket mesh well together for an instagram-worthy fashion pic.

He said the plaid shirt with the jean jacket made me look “hip” and “like a rock star.”

Would I wear this again? Fo’ sho, this outfit was definitely one of my favorites.

Rating: 8/10

Friday

He really liked the black jeans/black converse combo. The hardest part here was choosing an outfit that prepared me for thirty degree weather.

Would I wear this again? Probably not. I’ve been meaning to get rid of that sweater and cardigan.

Rating: 5/10

I must admit, it turned out better than expected. This does not mean, however, that he will be choosing my outfits from now on.

I don’t think I will have Carver (or any of my other guy friends) dress me for the week. Don’t get me wrong he wasn’t bad, but he definitely needs to improve from the bathrobe.

Syracuse University