Would your mom be proud of your Saturday night behavior?

One girl fell asleep in a bathtub

There is no secret Syracuse is one of the top 10 party schools in the country.

With parties starting Wednesday and ending Sunday at locations from DJs to Lucy’s to frat row and house parties, I wanted to see how your mothers would react to your behavior on Saturday night.

I went around campus and asked people to fill in the blanks of the following sentence:

“If my mom saw me Saturday night she would be_____ because _________.”

To save some shame the names of these students have been replaced with pseudonyms.

Nick, sophomore

Nick couldn’t pregame in his room so he showered, shaved and condomed up.

He anticipated a night full of drinking, dancing and hooking up with, hopefully, a really attractive girl.

He headed out for his Saturday night (completely sober) and fell down the stairs three time. The steps of Day Hall, the steps leading to The Mount and The Mount steps near Archbold Gymnasium were the locations.

If you saw someone trip down or up any of those locations last Saturday it was probably Nick…

Miranda, freshman

When I asked Miranda to fill in the blanks on the following sentence she wrote out her answer and stared at the response in disappointment.

Not only did she get drunk, she fell asleep in a bathtub. Luckily she remembers the night but she missed out on a lot of the fun because she drank so much she was unable to stay awake.

Heavily intoxicated, Miranda thought it would be a good idea to fall asleep in a bathtub in her friends apartment and lock the door.

The bathtub was where she stayed for the remainder of her Saturday night.

Joanne, junior

Joanne’s Saturday night was not as eventful because she sat in her room and binge watched two different television series’ on Netflix.

Nicole, freshman

Nicole’s night speaks for itself. She went out with friends and one of them gave her candy with acid in it.

According to Nicole she had a trip like no other, “Everything was unstable from the objects around me to my emotions. I had three phases that night. One was the emotional stage. I would cry hysterically for no reason.

“My second stage, ‘the Family Guy phase,’ I sat in my friends dorm room and watched multiple episodes of Family Guy. I must have watched it for hours. I just couldn’t stop thinking about how deep this show is. It just makes me think about how messed up society is. I could marry Peter Griffin.

“The final phase was the connection to the universe. All the objects around me looked so magical and I had to touch them, my friends face, the walls and the floor. I especially liked touching the floor because everything was breathing. I could touch the floor and feel the breathing.”

Rachel, freshman

Rachel is one of Nicole’s best friends. As the best friend, she was there to pick Nicole off the floor when she wanted to “feel the Earth breathing.”

Rachel spent most of her night stopping Nicole from ending up in the hands of campus police.

Alissa, freshman

It’s not what you think.

Alissa is from Syracuse, New York so she often spends her weekends at her friends’ homes. This weekend was Amanda’s house.

Drinks were passed around and Alissa ended up drinking an entire bottle of Bacardi.  When the party was over and everyone was leaving Alissa was so drunk she thought it would be a wise to fall asleep in her friend’s bed.

In the middle of the night she had to pee. She got out of Amanda’s bed, stripped down naked on the way to the bathroom.

Instead of heading back to Amanda’s uncomfortable bed, Alissa wondered the house looking for another.

After trying to go into Amanda’s parents bed, Alissa settled for the brother’s bed. When Amanda’s brother showed up home intoxicated he didn’t notice Alissa in his bed.

Then he got up the next morning with a hangover and left the house for work unaware he slept next to his sister’s naked friend.

I don’t think Alissa is allowed back to the house…

Krysta, sophomore

Krysta ventured to a friend of a friends house to smoke and didn’t plan on doing anything too crazy.

At the party she met an extremely attractive girl named Sarina, who happened to have cocaine with her.

At one point, Krysta found herself alone with Sarina, who persuaded her to try the drug. The tables in the house were cluttered with bottles and dishes and they needed a solution in order to do this activity.

Sarina suggested placing the coke in her belly button for Krysta to snort. Once the two did the drug they made out in the basement of the house.

After Krysta’s Saturday night she was having issues with her previous roommate. Later in the week she moved into a new dorm building.

The RA for Krysta’s floor ended up being Sarina.

Janette, freshman

Janette planned to sit in her room and finish a writing assignment for her Communication 107 class last Saturday night.

She got a little distracted.

Some people on her floor were drinking while the RA was gone and invited Janette to join them. She drank an entire bottle of Vodka.

I tried to get her to share as many details from that night as possible but she couldn’t seem to remember them.

Janette recalls making out with someone on another floor outside Thornden Park and before she knew it, one of her friends had carried her back to her room.

Having had only eaten a to go box of french fries at 3 pm she started feeling nauseous. Once Janette got back to her room she lied down for 5 minutes before starting to feel sick again.

She didn’t want to vomit on the carpet or table because her laptop and phone were there, and the trash can unfortunately was on the other side of the room.

“There was no way that I would have made it to the trash can,” Janette told The Tab. So she opened up her Communication 107 notebook and vomited in it’s folder pocket.

Jessica, sophomore

Jessica has a plan before she goes out drinking. She pregames before going to a house party so she can get a buzz and continue to drink a bit wherever she ends up.

She knows her limits and stops at a point to make sure she can come down and walk back to her room with a group of her friends.

People ask her to take shots, but she sticks to her plan and politely declined.

Not all Saturday night stories at SU are sloppy. Though let’s be real most of them are.

Syracuse University