Vice President Biden is coming to Syracuse

He wants to discuss sexual assault

Vice President Joe Biden will be joining us this Thursday as part of his tour for the awareness campaign against sexual assault, It’s On Us.

The It’s On Us initiative was launched by the White House in September of 2014. It asks and encourages people to take a pledge to be part of the solution to sexual assault on college and university campuses around the nation.

SU Alumnus, Vice President Biden L’68, has been one of the lead advocates of the initiative.

Biden at Ohio State for the It’s on Us tour. Courtesy of WOUB Global

Chancellor Kent Syverud said in an email last week the Syracuse University community has been working hard in the awareness and putting an end to sexual assault, saying these efforts would be “nationally recognized” with the visit of the Vice President.

Biden’s address in Goldstein Auditorium is especially targeted to students. The It’s on Us campaign aims “To create an environment in which sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported.” It also seeks to erase the taboos from the discussion of sexual assault on campuses.

You can pick up your tickets from the Schine Box Office starting tomorrow Tuesday, November 10th from 9am to 10pm. There will be airport-like security surrounding the event so bring as few things as possible, but bring your cameras to capture the Vice President in action.

Syracuse University