The best places to cry on ‘Cuse campus

Here are some places to mourn the loss of your stellar GPA that aren’t communal bathroom stalls

It’s midday and you notice your teacher posted your grades online. Do you check now, in the middle of your 400 person lecture, or do you wait to check when you’re in the safety of your own room?

If you’re brave, you check your grades right in the middle of the lecture. Unfortunately, not everyone gets an A on the exam. If you’re one of those people blindsided by a C+ or someone who totally bombed, we’ll give you some ideas of where you can shed a few tears without getting noticed.

Panasci Lounge

In these spy seats in Schine you can face the window and shed a few tears while listening to Adele on repeat

Whitman Team Rooms

Here you can keep your back to the door, and people will think you’re waiting for your group-mates as you mourn the loss of your stellar GPA

The Bridge

You can go to The Bridge and act as if you’re pondering life while you bask in regrets about that one night you should have studied instead of going to Chucks

Dick Clark Studios

You can almost always find this glass alcove empty. Here you can pretend to people watch as you silently sob

Bird Library

In Club Bird there are many ways to hide your tears

Head upstairs to one of the desks and pull out your hair, no one will think it’s odd. We’ve all been there. Just be sure to be quiet so you don’t draw any attention as you ask yourself, ‘How did I miss the last page of the exam?’

Head to the fifth floor where it’s so silent you can hear a pin drop. Let the silent tears stream as you gaze out the window

Shove your face in a book as you regain composure before stepping on the elevator. No one will notice you at all.

Carnegie Library

In Carnegie there are less crevices to hide in, but there’s always the good old faithful stairwell that you may just have to break down in.

The School of Information Studies

Unless you’re in the ischool on a regular basis, you may not know about this awesome little corner where you can shed a few silent tears before it’s time for the other students to get out of class.

Shaffer Art Building

If you’re into pretending to understand how to analyze art head to Shaffer, and over-analyze the one too many shots you may have taken the night before your midterm…

After you shed a few tears somewhere on campus remember the semester isn’t over yet, and there’s is still a glimmer of hope at the end of the semester.

Until then, read some more of our funny articles to cheer yourself and remember you’re better than a number.

Syracuse University