How badly are we going to lose to Pitt?

We have zero to no chance

Today Syracuse will be playing UPitt for our homecoming game.

Pitt, the team which is 5-1 currently while we are 3-3.

Pitt, the team that is currently nationally ranked #25 for collegiate football.

Pitt, the team that has beaten us 8 out of 9 times.

So yes, Pitt truly is the best team to play for homecoming.

Usually, when it comes to homecoming games, schools schedule to play teams that they sure aren’t really a challenge and will lead to a sure fire win. There’s no better way to pump up school spirit than viewing the ass kicking of a century. The student section goes wild when the quarterback throws to a running back who scores one of many seemingly heroic touchdowns against what honestly is no defense.

That is how homecoming should be. Watching your team kill against a schmuck team that was scheduled to be there because they are truly no real competition at all. Sadly, my orange friends, odds have it that we will be that schmuck team.

It would probably make more sense if Pitt scheduled us to be the team they play for their homecoming game. So we could make them look good in front of their peers.

This is not just me with this opinion, I asked a few people at a party what they thought our odds were of winning this game and there was a unanimous response.

Kristen Kalani, a junior Communication Sciences & Disorder major literally almost could not answer the question because she was laughing so hard at the thought of us going against them. After about 38 seconds of straight laughter she followed with the short and sweet response of “no.”

Sydney Shulman, a sophomore TRF major also had quite a similar answer of “no.” When I asked why she believed we wouldn’t win she simply stated “ ‘cause we suck”. Straight to the point I respect that.

Jessica Torricelli, a sophomore Broadcast major had a brighter disposition on the game. When asked if she believes we can win against Pitt she said: “Yes ’cause we’re awesome.”

So some people do believe in our chances. Honestly, all is not lost. There is still a chance definitely. David beat Goliath, Saints who are now 2-4 recently beat the Falcons who were undefeated but are now 5-1. Miracles happen.

Maybe with enough hype, excitement and a little bit of luck we can somehow pull through with what would be a very surprising win. Who knows. Like I said before miracles happen.

Seeing that we lost to them last year 30-7 I’m doubtful. I personally wouldn’t bet on us. Even though today might just be us getting our asses handed to us, at least we know our student section will always be hype. Win or lose the student section is always a fun and spirited place to be.

Also, we are Syracuse, the #4 party school. Here there is no loss so devastating that a few beers at Chuck’s can’t make better.

So let’s raise our glasses high and take this beating like the Orangemen that we are. Besides, we will always have basketball season where we’ll definitely be the ones laughing.

Syracuse University