Cuse’s best dressed of the week

The hill is the runway

Studying roughly four hours away from New York City, Syracuse University students know something about style. Whether they follow the top trends of the season or they express their unique and individual taste, the sartorial picks on campus will always have heads turning.

Charlotte Oestrich, sophomore Political Science and Writing Dual major

“I really like to do glosses now. [On the runways,] they’re putting it on cheeks. I have to get some gloss for mine.”

Asile Patin, Sophomore African American Studies and Citizenship & Civic Engagement Dual major

“If I’m having a bad day, I put on some red lipstick and there’s no stopping me. Red lipstick saves lives, to be honest.”

Lyla Rose, sophomore in College of Arts and Sciences

“Don’t feel bad about yourself if you don’t have the money to spend on the newest trends. Nowadays, old is new, and Salvation Army and other thrift stores have cheaper and more unique items.”

Xinye Zou, junior Supply Chain and Entrepreneurship & Emerging Enterprises major

“Dress comfortable, dress simple. I like to buy Moschino.”

Lei Zhou, junior Civil Engineering major

“Dress comfortable, dress simple – same as my girlfriend. My favorite trend is the casual shirt.”

Elijah Akinbamidele, junior Sociology major

“I get my swagger from my Mom. She says it’s all about the balance of being eccentric and comfortable.”

Tiarah Brown, junior Writing major

“I’d rather shop online. I can’t deal with the mall because I don’t have the patience. I like fashionnova.com”

Collin “CJ” Robinson, junior Communications Design major

“My Style advice would be to keep things simple. Look like you tried but not too hard so that you evoke a sense of effortless style. The best thing to do is to focus on one piece of clothing/trend and make that your statement, then make the rest of your outfit complement your statement, and finally edit so that you don’t do too much, but just enough.”

Audrey Cilento, senior Television, Radio & Film and English & Textual Studies Dual major

“The biggest style advice I have is accessories. You can make outfits look completely different with necklaces, shoes, belts, and bracelets. I like to shop at Free People, Ann Taylor Loft, but my secret weapon is Marshalls. You can look like a million bucks from there for great prices.”

Yalexly Perez, sophomore Psychology major

“Your closet is a pallet and you are the brush. Each and every day is a chance for you to show the world the art within you. With that being said, don’t be afraid to take risks and just wear what makes you feel good!”

@labelledarri

Syracuse University