The best brunch places at Rutgers

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because of mimosas

They say that the best way to cure a hangover is to drink more alcohol. I can’t think of a better way to fight off a nauseating headache other than with one too many mimosas and a giant side of french toast. For those of you who can’t resist a sweet deal and reserve a special place in your hearts (and bellies) for brunch, here are some of the most delicious brunch places around New Brunswick.

Garden State Ale House

The best place to go for brunch in New Brunswick is easily the Garden State Ale House on George Street, a ten-minute walk from College Avenue. Every Saturday and Sunday from 12-3, you can count on it being packed. The best part about it? Bottomless mimosas. That’s right, for only $24 you can get bottomless mimosas and bloody marys. Oh and don’t forget that it comes with breakfast too. You can either get one of their awesome breakfast items or go A La Carte. While waiting for your food, you can be sure your glass will never empty. With a rustic, vintage ambiance, feel free to dress casually at Ale house!

Old Man Rafferty’s

If you’re not 21, Rafferty’s might be the place to go because although it’s not bottomless mimosas, they have an unlimited buffet of absolutely amazing food. With an omelet station, waffle station, French toast, seafood, amazing dessert featuring their cakes, it’s like the feast you’ve always dreamed of having. If you are 21, that buffet comes with two mimosas all for $29.95. Rafferty’s is the perfect place to go with your family, to celebrate a special occasion, or just to treat yo self. Dress up to feel a little fancy or go in your best athleisure at Rafferty’s.

Le Peep

Only open from 7:00am until 2:30pm Le Peep only does Brunch, and they do it right without a doubt. One of the homiest places in Edison, Le Peep is known for their breakfast and quick service. If you’re a coffee drinker, know that they have some of the best coffee I’ve ever had and therefore had three cups (I even took one to go). If you’re trying to avoid that winter weight, they have a bunch of lighter options, and most of them include avocado. Their portions are so large I was able to eat eggs and potatoes for dinner that night.

Judy’s Kitchen

Right on the corner of Hamilton and Guilden Street, Judy’s Kitchen is one of the most underrated places near campus. The setting makes you feel as though your friend’s Grandma invited you over to eat in her kitchen and the fact that it is run by a family makes it feel like a home away from home. Their breakfast menu has all of your classic favorites with a few specials definitely worth trying.

Fritz Bakery

Now, if you’re feeling a little full from that chicken bacon ranch pizza you had at two in the morning and need something to give you energy before heading over to Club Alex, Fritz’ is definitely the way to go. They feature their breakfast all day on Sundays and serve home-made pop tarts, an awesome yogurt parfait and more. It has one of the coziest environments I’ve ever been to and it is known for its pastries and baked goods so maybe grab one of those on the way out for a snack.

Rutgers University