Dick Butts at RU: When will it end?

I don’t know if it makes me feel sad or erotic

Rutgers, a world renowned university, that has been revolutionary for 250 years is plunging into the disgust of Dick Butt graffiti. Yes, what you just read seems like a joke but is more true than the height of the wall Trump wants to erect. Rutgers takes pride in being a progressive community. It seems a faction of that community is progressing more towards public expression of their sexist frustration.

The timing couldn’t be better; a popular clown with debt-laden casinos in the gambling heart of the state has been making strong waves on the Atlantic front. It seems very likely that the clown’s pride in groping women is bringing out the hidden horny frustration among his admirers. He certainly knows how to make a spectacle of himself. And now his suspected admirer is on a similar path. Someone is out there denaturing our beautiful campus publicly in broad daylight making a not so pleasant scene of it.

Visualize this with me: you left your room with midterms on your mind. You are taking a bus to the campus. The joy of catching a bus on your first attempt these days is more like escaping a slaughterhouse before being sacrificed for stupidity. You get off the bus to the nearest bus stop and start walking toward Hickman hall. You are trying to remember the theories and equations that seem as old and boring as Darwin. And as soon as you reach the building, all you can see is a graffiti of “Dick Butt.” The image of Trump groping women pops into your mind from last night’s debate. For his crazy fanatic followers, they don’t know whether to feel sad or erotic about it. Now you feel angry for attending a university with such foolishness in its midst that you are over paying for, but still love it with all your heart.

What’s the next vexatious surprise? A dildo hanging at the door of an LX? Unexpected porn videos from OIT during ongoing lectures? (On a serious note, I’m not trying to give anyone ideas. It was sheer sarcasm. Please don’t do these things). We cannot let the proud heritage of our great university be tarnished by this kind of graffiti. It is high time we come together and stand united for the sake of humanity to protest the “Dick Butts.”
Featured image by: Denise Maldonado
Rutgers University