If Rutgers dining halls were Presidential candidates

Let’s make the dining halls great again

Brower – Bernie Sanders

Brower doesn’t have the best reputation, and many students absolutely love Bernie Sanders. So just hear me out!

Formerly known as University Commons, before it had it’s name changed to Brower Commons in 1974, Brower is the oldest dining hall here at Rutgers University. It’s a bit rough around the edges, could be considered an outsider because of it’s reputation, but at the end of the day Brower is always there when you need it.

With barely there lines and constant take out, Brower is truly equal opportunity. I think we can all agree that Brower is feeling the “Bern.”

Neilson – Hillary Clinton

“Who run the world? Girls!!” — too soon for a Bey joke?

The other Democratic candidate representative of our dining halls just so happens to also be on the New Brunswick side of the Raritan.

Neilson is only a year younger than Brower, but has made it’s mark as arguably one of the better dining halls serving Scarlet Knights on Cook/Douglass.

We can’t ignore that Douglass is famous for their scholarships, programs, and initiatives supporting women’s rights and empowerment. If Clinton is elected she will be our first female president, and Neilson is definitely feeding the girl power!

Livingston – Donald Trump

Let’s get down to business. Livingston campus is home to the business school, and Donald Trump is a business mogul so there’s that.

Also Livi is  constantly renewing itself, turning what used to be the bastard child of Rutgers into a thriving place on campus with all of their new and shiny buildings.

Whether you love Donald Trump, or love to hate him, he is the leading GOP candidate and Livingston Dining Commons is always packed.

Busch Dining Hall – Jeb Bush

Busch Campus…Jeb Bush… pretty easy to make a comparison there.

Not only is there a name comparison, and I hate to say it, but it’s kind of the forgotten dining hall on the Piscataway side. Jeb Bush is so forgotten that he actually dropped out of the campaign.

Both dining hall and presidential candidate are well certified in their respective professions with a diverse backgrounds and options for the public.

Sadly for Bush, it is really hard not to fall in the shadows of your past presidential father and big bro. At the end of the day they’re both falling behind in rankings, but at least Busch Dining Hall is still standing.

Rutgers University