What would you rate yourself out of 10?

How confident RU

Most people would agree that self-confidence and self-esteem are important, especially during the college years. These are the years that we are aiming to find and establish who we are as individuals, explore our abilities, and decide what we want to do with our futures. While it’s easy to lack confidence and self-identity at a school as large as Rutgers is, there are a lucky few who seem to have found the major keys to success. So I asked students the question, “On a scale of 1 to 10, what would you rate yourselves and why?”

Rochee, junior, Engineering

“Oh yeah I’m a 10. I’m me and I’m limitless, you know what I mean?”

Chisa, senior, Journalism

“Oh let me tell you, I’m a solid nine. A 10 doesn’t even exist, I’m just being realistic. If you asked what do you feel other people rate me, that’s a different question. One day I’ll be a 9.9 for sure. I’m a catch.”

Saskia, sophomore, Undecided

“My rate would probably change throughout time, depending on where i feel like I’m at in life. But right now i would say 8.9. Everything’s a work in progress but I feel like I’m doing really well.”

Victoria, senior, Communications & Psychology

“Maybe a seven. I’m not really a cocky person. I balance a bunch of different things and i feel like I’m good at it, so I think that puts me above average.”

Sundoes & Samaa, seniors, Public Health

Sundoes: “I’m not a big fan of rates cause guys use it as a way to rank women, but I feel like every woman is a 10 if she feels she is.

“The world would be a lot better if women built each other up. We’d give anyone on the street a compliment if we feel they deserve one. But I’m still a 10 though.”

Nimotalai, grad student, Urban Planning

“I’d say 8. I think I was raised with a good head on my shoulders which has allowed me to have a level of self-confidence to where I can focus on being my best without comparing myself to others, and I think that’s worked out well so far.”

Sindhura, junior, Pharmacy

“Seven. I mean I feel like it’s my lucky number, it’s a good number. You’re not too cocky or don’t have too low of a self-esteem either. It shows I’m a good person and I’ve come far in life so far.”

Devin & Alex, senior & junior, Cultural Anthropology & Public Health

Devin: “10, because I’m awesome of course.”

Alex: “21, just because it’s my favorite number.”

Rutgers University