Pocket Points will be your new best friend

An app that rewards you for not being on your phone in class

Let me make this simple. You sit in class, don’t use your phone and get points that you can use to receive deals at local and online vendors. All you have to do is download the app, make an account, go to class and — the only difficult part — leave your phone alone.

The app is designed to reward you for not texting or skimming through Reddit on your phone during class. Personally, I often end up turning on the app, locking my phone then using my computer to get distracted in class. But if you have a professor who will call you out for using any type of technology during class, this is the app for you.

Pocket Points will also only give you points if you are on campus. But if you like yourself a loophole, if you live close enough to the campus boundaries, you may be lucky enough to turn it on while you sit at home.

Some of the local vendors for Purdue include Insomnia Cookies, Scotty’s Brewhouse, Dairy Queen and Mad Mushroom Pizza.

The “gifts” as the app says isn’t just all food. They also offer deals on Tommy Hilfiger, Sperry and even tickets for an Indiana Pacers game.

If you’re already putting in the work of going to class, you might as well reward yourself, right? Plus who doesn’t want a buy one get one free cheesy bread at all hours of the day or night? Maybe you have a class you hate and try to find any excuse to skip. Well, now you have at least one reason to show up.

Purdue University