Would you bet 10k to this startup that your marriage will last?

May the odds be ever in your favor

weddingpic3

Would you bet $10,000 that your marriage will last?

We all fantasize about the day we say “I do” to our perfect match and hope it will be a dream come true — but
would you bet money that it will?

If you and your love bird are longing to tie the knot but can’t seem to scrape enough dough together to make that dream wedding a reality, Swanluv is the solution for young broke kids like us trying to get married.

With the slogan “Everlasting Marriage Deserves to be Rewarded,” Swanluv is a Seattle-based startup conveniently set to launch on the day of love, Valentines Day. They even have a countdown clock on their website. Their whole concept is handing up to $10,000 for free to happy couples ready to get hitched.

There’s only one string attached. That is to say, as long as they don’t get divorced they can keep the money. This “free” loan is available for eligible couples planning on getting married within two years of applying.

The couple pictured is not affiliated with Swanluv

With record high divorce rates all over the world, it was just a matter of time before someone monopolized on the hopes of futures wifeys and hubbies. In true, dog-eat-dog-world fashion, couples who have statistically higher chances of not being “in it for the long haul” are offered more money for their dream wedding. Swanluv will also set a special interest rate based on each couple’s compatibility. So yeah, they’re putting a number on your relationship.

The most disturbing part? Members that are chosen to be funded will receive their money from the failure of other participating marriages. Despite the potentially bad mojo, plenty of couples are eager to be put to the test.

The steps seem fairly simple. Couples apply online, e-sign the fund agreement if approved, and the cha-ching!

You are then free to spend every penny on your fantasy wedding but if you and your soulmate aren’t a match made in heaven after all, it’s time to pay up — plus interest.

It will certainly force couples to think twice about divorce and give marriage counseling — or maybe, I don’t know, actually talking to each other — a try before calling it quits.

Feeling lucky and want in on the action?

Purdue University