Princeton Lax Coach elbows Brown player

Chris Bates, head coach of Princeton Lacrosse, has been placed on administrative leave

In a tumultuous season for the Princeton Tigers lacrosse team, who are 2-6 on the season and 0-3 in the Ivy League, things did not get much better in their game against Brown on Saturday.

Princeton’s head coach, Chris Bates, elbowed a rival player after he collided with a Princeton team member.

In the video, the elbowing doesn’t seem that aggressive, but because of this, Chris Bates has been placed on administrative leave pending a review of the incident

Chris Bates was set to leave his position as head coach this year anyway, but the incident seemed to have accelerated the process.

Princeton said: “Chris Bates, the head men’s lacrosse coach at Princeton University, has been placed on administrative leave pending a review of an incident in this past Saturday’s game against Brown.

“The University is taking this matter seriously and will be conducting a prompt and thorough review. Offensive coordinator Matt Madalon will lead the team during this process.”

Princeton University