Anti-Semitic flyers remotely printed at Princeton

The University is investigating

Anti-Semitic posters were found in printers across campus today in a co-ordinated effort at several colleges across the country.

The flyer read: “White man are you sick and tired of the Jews destroying your country through mass immigration and degeneracy?”

It also contained a link to a neo-Nazi website which frequently posts racist and anti-Semitic content, along with two swastikas.

The flyer in question

A 30-year-old hacker has claimed responsibility for the printout in an interview with The Washington Times.

Andrew Auernheimer, also known by the alias “weev,” claimed he was behind the breach, using a freely available tool to scour “basically … the whole English-speaking Internet” for printers that could be remotely accessed.

These flyers were also printed at Northeastern, UMass Amherst, Smith College, Mt. Holyoke, Berkeley and Depaulia.

The University has issued the following statement:

“The Department of Public Safety is investigating the anonymous delivery of anti-Semitic messages to several networked printers at Princeton University. Other universities are reporting similar incidents.

“Aided by the Office of Information Technology, Public Safety investigators are working to determine who sent the single-page flyers and from where they were sent. University employees in several buildings reported Thursday and Friday that they had found the messages on printers.

“Efforts are underway to block any further messages. Public Safety has contacted the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

“‘Princeton regards any actions making the atmosphere intimidating, threatening or hostile to individuals as serious offenses,’ said Michele Minter, vice provost for institutional equity and inclusion. ‘These flyers are offensive and contrary to the values of the University, which is committed to creating and maintaining an environment free from discrimination and harassment. Princeton attaches great importance to mutual respect, and we deplore expressions of hatred directed against any individual or group.’

“Anyone with knowledge of the distribution of the messages is asked to contact the Department of Public Safety at (609) 258-1000.”

Student societies, such as Princeton Latinos y Amigos, have emailed their mailing lists in solidarity with the Jewish community. They said:

“To the campus community,

“Princeton, along with many other campuses across the country, became a target today for a racially-motivated attack. As many of you know, copies of anti-Semitic rhetoric were found in several printers across campus, an act whose perpetrator(s) have yet to be identified. This despicable act comes at a time when anti-Semitism has ignited at campuses across the country, and even more inappropriately, during Purim, a time of celebration for the Jewish community. Princeton Latinos y Amigos strongly condemns all forms of discrimination and modes of intimidation informed by prejudice against any groups.

“Together with many other Princeton communities, we stand in solidarity with Princeton’s Jewish community. This is not an avenue to debate free speech; discrimination, hatred, and intimidation against members of any community should not be tolerated under any circumstance.  Thus we greatly support the effort, let by the University administration, to investigate and condemn this situation, and we loudly applaud the solidarity demonstrated by the Princeton community. We also encourage our amigxs to take a stance against any type of discrimination, such as the act which the Jewish community is facing today.

“Let us not forget the devastating effects of anti-Semitism has plagued our world with, and let us continue to protect members of our community who are constantly under attack because of their identity.”

Princeton University