Your Princeton Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to suck

You don’t have to spend it crying…unless you want to

Valentine’s Day is approaching, and that means planning a special day with that special someone (that special someone can also be you!). But with the brief sigh of relief from finals and the impending stress of the upcoming semester, how can anyone plan what to do in under two weeks? Well, lucky for you, The Tab has got you covered. Here are some ways that you can spend Valentine’s Day and make the best of it!

Have dinner on Nassau Street!

Princeton definitely does not have a shortage of amazing restaurants, and it’s all walking distance away. You can always search on Yelp to figure out what kind of cuisine you’re into, whether or not it fits your budget, and best of all, you can even make a reservation straight from the website. Popular choices include the Witherspoon Grill, Winberie’s, Efes Mediterranean Grill, the list goes on and on.

After dinner, if there’s still room in your stomach, you can always finish the night on a sweet note by going to a dessert place (The Bent Spoon, Halo Pub) or out for some tea or coffee (Small World, infini-T, Cafe Vienna).

Just don’t do this:

Make your own dinner!

If eating out isn’t for you, you can always bring out your inner chef and buy your own groceries and cook a romantic dinner in one of Princeton’s many kitchens. More information about the kitchens and access to them is available here.

There’s a great place on Nassau Street, about a 15 minute walk from Washington Boulevard called Whole Earth Center that’s like a mini Whole Foods. It has a huge selection of different foods that you can buy and make in the convenience of your own kitchen! And even if you’re not quite Top Chef material, there are a ton of websites that provide step-by-step tutorials for beginners.

And last but certainly not least, you can make your own romantic dessert using this!

Go to New York City or Philadelphia!

Princeton is in a prime location – equidistant between both New York and Philadelphia, and it’s all a little over an hour each way. Hop on the Dinky and explore these fascinating cities. You can visit the many museums and parks in each of these cities, go out to dinner in some of the most delicious restaurants, and just walk around and breathe in the urban air.

If you’re headed to the Big Apple, here are some romantic spots that you can visit:

If the city of brotherly love is on your agenda for that weekend, these romantic hubs might be for you:

Stay in and watch a rom-com!

Netflix has a large selection of romantic movies (as well as other genres if that’s not what you’re into) that you can watch and enjoy with some snacks and a loved one.

If all else fails, Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to cry.

For that, the Walmart on Route 1’s got you covered in the most festive way possible:

Hope you all have a Happy Valentine’s Day!

Love,

The Tab Princeton

Princeton University