BREAKING: Yale stole our tiger

They’ve named him Eli and have a list of demands

Yale has abducted the Princeton Glee Club’s beloved mascot Tiglet and is now holding him for ransom.

In an email sent to Glee Club president Caroline Tucker last night, Yale Glee leaders listed their demands:

“Dearest President Tucker,

On behalf of the Yale Glee Club, we would like to please request,

* A video of the entire PUGC singing the Tyglet song with “bulldog” instead of “tyglet” and bulldog sounds instead of tiger sounds.

* A video of the entire PUGC singing “And then we’ll crash through that line of blue” etc. in YGC style, i. e. pinkie in the air and high-pitched voice on “Princeton’s honor to defend” and “dead sure to win” as well as the substitution of “Raw tiger shishkabob” for “Rah tiger sis boom bah”

Bring me these before the stroke of midnight
In four days time
And you shall have I guarantee
A tyglet as perfect as tyglet can be

Again, this was an entirely spontaneous theft that neither of us were aware of until Eli arrived in New Haven. But since we’re here, we’re rolling with it.

<3″

The videos are to be posted the Princeton Glee Club’s Facebook. Ten points to Yale for writing the world’s most polite ransom note.

Princeton Glee Club President Caroline Tucker with Tiglet shortly before the crime

No word yet on how or when exactly Tiglet was tiger-napped, presumably sometime shortly after the Football concert last Friday.

All in all though, Tiglet, excuse me, Eli, seems to be doing alright hanging out over there in New Haven.

We will update the story with the Princeton Glee Club’s video, if/when they decide to comply.

Princeton University