Everything to do at Pitt when you hate partying

The hidden gems of Pitt’s campus

If you’re anything like me, you hate house parties, but can’t stand the idea of being stuck in the same room all week long. It’s easy to think that the only entertainment options at Pitt are house parties in South O or staying in your dorm, staring at a screen. In reality, Pitt has a ton of little-known charms perfect for all you non-partyers.

Stress-Free Zone

This is one of my favorite places on campus, but it seems that very few people actually know about it. Located on the third floor of the William Pitt Union, the Stress Free Zone is complete with weekly yoga classes, meditation sessions, and walk-in relaxation hours.

Nordy’s Place

Nordy’s is a unique little gem on campus, striving for a night-life feel. Pool and ping-pong tables fill the space, offering free activities right on campus. There’s even a slushy bar, making it perfect for studying or spending time with friends. Head on down through the cafeteria of the William Pitt Union to check it out, and maybe even attend a poetry open mic night.

Pitt Arts

Pitt Arts is a division of Student Affairs focused on encouraging students to become as cultured as possible during their time on campus. Pitt Arts offers many free or majorly discounted tickets to shows around the city. It’s a great way to have a cheap night out, and to spend some time exploring the most artistic aspects of the city.

Free Museum Access

Pittsburgh is full of museums, and Pitt students get free access to many of them. Bring your Pitt ID to The Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, The Mattress Factory, and so many more. This is perfect for when you need last-minute plans on a Saturday, but that college lifestyle has you broke. Stay on campus, or catch a free ride with the Port Authority busses to your artistic destination of choice.

So all you non-partyers, get out there, have fun, and do it your way.

University of Pittsburgh