The best places to nap on Pitt’s campus

Because sometimes your bed is just too damn far

Few things in life are more incredible than an excellent nap. In a college student’s mind, it’s right up there with free food and cold beer, and just below cancelled class. But there are some qualities a nap must have to qualify as ‘excellent,’ and one of these qualities is definitely location. Here are the best places on campus to grab those precious extra minutes of rest.

Posvar Hall First Floor

Have you seen those lounge areas? If you can, find an off time to go when there’s not a lot of people sitting there studying, and you may be lucky enough to get a whole couch to yourself. The best part? You’ve got plenty of room to lie out and chill for a while. Just remember to take some time off for yourself, your anthropology lecture can definitely wait.

Nordenberg Hall Lounges

The residence hall everyone wanted freshman year. If you weren’t lucky enough to get in you probably spent the bulk of your first year in the towers elevator. If you’ve never been there before, the lounges are pretty damn comfortable, find a nice freshman to sign you in and head to one of the floor lounges for a cat nap in between classes. It’s not like you’re going to see any of those people again anyway.

Soldiers and Sailors Lawn

Maybe not the best place to take a nap during one of Pittsburgh’s sub-zero winters, but if you can’t find anyone to sign you in at Nordenberg, it’s not a bad place to go to lie out for a while. Just make sure you don’t get pelted by a frisbee.

William Pitt Union First Floor

If you’ve ever passed the side of the union facing Cathy, you’ve probably noticed the really ornate terrace and plush couches inside that. I’m guessing they are remnants of the old hotel. As long as they’re isn’t an event going on in there, it seems like a pretty good place for a power nap.

The top of the Cathedral of Learning

Possibly the best place I could think of to sleep. Just take the elevator to the 38th floor and climb the last few staircases to the top. The views are incredible.

University of Pittsburgh