Pitt business students encourage others to aim higher

Dream big, achieve big

Aim Higher 412 is a marketing campaign at the University of Pittsburgh, focused on encouraging millennials to reach for great things without limits.  The campaign is part of a national marketing competition focused on creating the most outstanding marketing campaign possible for the Acura ILX.

Through their ‘Aim Higher’ campaign, the Pitt team, Pros in Motion, hopes to engage the interest of millennials in the Acura ILX, as well as win this highly competitive and prestigious competition.

Orla Rea, a member of the campaign’s public relations team, believes the Acura ILX represents aspiring for greater things because there is a “long-held belief in the auto industry that millennials are not buying cars” because they do not understand the car buying process, nor do they have the funds to purchase performance vehicles at their age.

Millennials often look at cars like the Acura ILX as cars to purchase later in adulthood, but the Pros in Motion team believe that millennials should not have to wait for later in life to reach “bigger and better things,” and that cars like the Acura ILX are attainable if one puts his mind to it.

Monday’s Aim Higher event took place in the Quad, and included music, free food, car Karaoke with Pitt Tonight’s Jesse Irwin, games fitting the theme of huge aspirations, and a chance to win a GoPro.

The event’s main attraction was the sleek and stylish Acura ILX. Attendees were able to sit in the car and test out its many features. Next to the Acura ILX was a ‘junk car’ that students covered with post-its, listing their dreams and aspirations. The message was clear: if you dream big, you can achieve big things.

Lexi Bovalino, head of the campaign’s PR team, said, “nothing has prepared me for the real world like this project.”

This project often helps set Pitt alumni apart as they embark on their careers, which is why she felt it important to “leave a legacy of giving back” to the Pitt community. Students were therefore encouraged to bring canned goods to the event, in hopes of filling the entire Acura ILX with donations for the Pitt Pantry.

Olivia Pascazi, also on the campaign’s PR team, stated “I am so grateful to be a part of this project. There is nothing like getting hands-on, experience-based learning and working for an established brand as an undergraduate.”

The winning universities of the campaign will receive $5,000 for their university. Pitt has won three times in the last 11 competitions, so here’s to hoping Pitt has aimed high enough to win once again.

More information about the campaign can be found here.

University of Pittsburgh