Products even college kids can afford to make you look and feel your best

It’s hard out here

College is a struggle in and of itself. With classes, grades and mounting debt, having to take good care of ourselves usually gets put on the back burner. I know that I don’t even have time to get a full night’s sleep, or even take a full on shower every day. Yet, somehow I keep my skin clear and my hair well kempt. So I have compiled a list of five completely unisex products, that are cheap, easy, and fucking life saving.

Crest 2 Step Whiting Toothpaste 

This whiting toothpaste is amazing, and cheap, for the amount of product in the package. For 11.79 (at Target) you get two tubes of toothpaste, one which is like an exfoliator for your teeth and the other which is a whiting gel. This toothpaste claims to be some sort of miracle, and it honestly is. I use it every day and my teeth have become about 5 shades whiter in the last month and a half, but you’ll notice results the first time you use it. Use it just like regular toothpaste, but starting with the exfoliator and then switching to the gel after one minute of brushing.

Burt’s Bees Lip Balm

Burt’s is the best chapstick I have ever used, and I’ve tried every brand you can think of. It repairs the skin of you lips and makes them kissably soft. The lip balm also comes in a variety of flavors like mint and pink grapefruit. For a chapstick, it is a little expensive at $3.50, but if you buy it at the campus drug store, you’ll save fifty cents and a tube should last you for almost a year even if you use it every day (if you don’t lose it in the mean time). You could also buy a value pack of four on Amazon for $8.97.

Pantene Pro-V Dry Shampoo 

For those of you who don’t know what dry shampoo does, it makes your dirty hair less greasy and revives the style of your hair. It is super useful if, like me, you don’t wash your hair every day (which you shouldn’t, look it up), all you have to do is spray it on your roots, brush through, and you’re good to go. Pantene’s works really well, without leaving a white cast in dark hair, and it leaves your hair with a  pleasant but neutral scent. You can find it at most drugstores/superstores for $4.99

Clean and Clear Acne Spot Treatment 

I’ve never had bad acne, but when a spot or two has come up, this spot treatment is a life saver. It has 2% salicylic acid and won’t over dry your skin, but will completely irradiate your blemish within a two-ish days. Just apply a touch over top of the acne, a couple times a day, and your skin should clear right up. You can find it at most drugstores/superstores for about $7.99.

Generic Baby Wipes

I know it sounds weird, but trust me, when you’re sweating or you can’t shower in the morning, these come in handy. Any type of baby wipes will help you clean up- even if its just to wipe the excess oils off your face. Generic baby wipes will cost around $3.99.

University of Pittsburgh