Tonight is Pitches and Tones fourth annual HypeNite

Calling all dwellers of Oakland and beyond

Do you need to forget about grades? Your job? Your bank account? A past lover? This election? Golly, can I relate.

But lucky for you, there’s a surefire way to relax and unwind. It’s called HypeNite. Not sure what that is? Intrigued? You should be.

Every year, on a brisk autumn’s eve, an a cappella group, made up of very average-looking students, congregates under the Posvar Hall overpass for twenty minutes of rejuvenating music. This a cappella group is called Pitches & Tones. They wear black shirts and blue jeans, and they sometimes tell jokes about rocks and dirt. And with their raw musical abilities, they cover songs written only by the finest musicians in the world, such as Meghan Trainor and Trey Songz.

Tonight, as the clock strikes nine, Pitches & Tones will take the HypeNite stage once again with their first four songs of the fall semester.

But wait, there’s more.

FeelGood, a group dedicated to eradicating world hunger, will be selling grilled cheese sandwiches both before and after the concert. Customizable grilled cheese sandwiches.

So come and join them under the stars tonight. Enjoy a warm, delectable grilled cheese and let them serenade you with their sultry voices. Forget the parties, forget your responsibilities – for just twenty minutes, forget everything.

Come to HypeNite. Tonight, October 8th. 9:00-9:20pm. Under the Posvar Hall overpass. Look for the yellow statue. Free of charge. Bring your pet ostrich.

Want to learn more about the award-winning Pitches & Tones? Visit pittpitchesandtones.com or check out their Facebook page, Pitches&Tones.

University of Pittsburgh