Biffy Clyro just released their new album, Ellipsis

It has something for everyone

Biffy Clyro is probably not a band that you have heard of yet in America, but with the buzz of their latest album, that may be changing. This Scottish band consists of Simon Neil, James Johnston, and Ben Johnston, and they just released their latest of seven albums on July 8th, 2016, Ellipsis.

Biffy Clyro album cover for Ellipsis

The album begins with the song “Wolves of Winter” that gives a creepy vibe with some rock n’ roll to set an energetic tone to continue throughout the rest of the album. The young angst anthem makes it catchy with the stop and go singing that helps you really feel the beat.

There aren’t two songs that sound the same on this album, and a huge part of that is because of the incredible lyrical content displayed throughout the whole masterpiece. It is contemplative and gives off a sense of adventure that makes it perfect for a long car ride at night to sing along with some good friends with the windows down.

You can compare them to a mixture or Twenty One Pilots, old All Time Low, The Used, Manchester Orchestra, and most Warped Tour bands,  but that would just be unnecessary. This album will set them apart from any stereotype that the pop punk genre has with their individuality.

The songs “Re-arrange,” “Medicine,” and “Small Wishes” are more relaxed and guaranteed to be stuck in your head long after hearing them. The vocal range and diversity of this group will provide something special for everyone to enjoy. They do not have any plans to tour the U.S. as of now, but you can go see them in Europe this summer.

Go check out Ellipsis, out everywhere now!

University of Pittsburgh