We spoke to Jordan York about his new album Pittsburgh Living

Everything and anything that has to do with this album is Pittsburgh influenced and full of Pittsburgh pride

With the recent win of the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Stanley Cup Finals, it has been made more than clear that Pittsburgh has an immense amount of pride for their city. Whether it is the Steelers, the Pirates, the Penguins, or just the genuine love for what Pittsburgh has to offer, over the past few years, Pittsburgh has been on the rise as one of the best cities out there.

More and more talent continues to be discovered in the heart of the city of Pittsburgh, and people all over the world are starting to notice. As Pittsburgh’s own Mac Miller would say, Pittsburgh is the “illest city” on the map.

Continuing the pride and success of Pittsburgh is music artist, Jordan York. York lives in Pittsburgh and has been rapping and entertaining for 5 years. York has lived in the city all of his life. Growing up in Pittsburgh, it is almost inevitable to not realize the love and pride that people of Pittsburgh have for their city. York exemplifies what it means to be a “yinzer” and that was first made clear when he released a single called “Pittsburgh Song,” which eventually became part of his whole album, Pittsburgh Living.

source: Bill Paterson

This specific song is the ultimate Pittsburgh anthem making references to the beautiful bridges that fill the city and Pittsburgh’s favorite Primanti’s restaurant. Even the creative process in making this song is authentic with Pittsburgh based artists. The song was produced in collaboration with Pittsburgh’s very own ID Labs, which is a recording facility and production team based in Pittsburgh, PA.

“Pittsburgh Song” was the first single to be released, and York found that fans loved it. He then decided to shoot a music video that showed the world what the city was all about. Complete with scenes that stretched all the way from the Strip District to the North Shore, York and his team show a creative process like no other. There are also shots of the famous Primanti’s restaurant and flyover views of the city that were captured using drones allowing for the video to portray beautifully all of the historic and aesthetically beautiful parts of Pittsburgh. After the positive feedback York had received from the “Pittsburgh Song” and the music video, he then found his inspiration for the whole album, Pittsburgh Living.

York released his album, Pittsburgh Living on June 1 and decided to dedicate his whole album to bring the vibe of the city to people everywhere. “After having success with the Pittsburgh song I thought it would be cool to dedicate a whole album to the city of Pittsburgh and really touch on things that true Pittsburghers can relate to,” York said.

The album revolves around the ‘burgh, what it stands for, and what it has to offer. The album all together includes 9 tracks titled, “Strip District”, “Turnpike”, “Jagoff” and many other Steel City themed songs. The album artwork is also a direct representation of what York hoped to bring to fans around the world- images you would expect to see in the city of Pittsburgh complete with street signs and Turner’s Tea. It is no exaggeration to say that everything and anything that has to do with this album is Pittsburgh influenced and full of Pittsburgh pride.

source: Jess Khalifa

York is currently signed to Nightfall Records, which is a Pittsburgh based record label. York works very closely with the Chief Executive Officer of the record label, Brandon McCaslin. McCaslin acts as York’s manager and handles all of his contracts, booking information, and event planning for the artist. McCaslin has had the opportunity to get to know York on a creative, professional, and personal level. He sees great potential for the Pittsburgh Living album and for York as an entertainer in the future.

“No matter if Jordan is in front of one person or 10,000 people, he just loves the energy of a crowd. He gets on stage and it is like he gets taken to another place. That is what a true entertainer stands for,” McCaslin Said, “ He loves the energy, the people, and the fans. That’s what keeps him going.”

Up next for the music artist is his performance at Club Diesel in the Southside on July 1st as a special guest with the artist, OXYMORRONS. York’s album, Pittsburgh Living, is also available on iTunes, Spotify, TIDAL, Google Play, and Amazon for purchase, and you can also purchase his exclusive Jordan York comic book and terrible towel when you buy his album.

As far as the future for this Pittsburgh music artist, it seems there is more to look forward to from York.

“I just hope to bring Pittsburgh to the world and to leave a positive impact on people’s life. Aside from music, I’ve been acting and doing some comedy on the side so be sure to stay tuned for a lot more from Jordan York”

Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat: @JordanYorkMusic

Facebook: Jordan York

University of Pittsburgh