We spoke to Ray LaMontagne about his upcoming tour

He’s coming to Pittsburgh on June 12th

Ray LaMontagne is going on a summer tour this June and will be making a stop at Stage  AE on June 12th. The tour is promoting his new album “Ouroboros” around the East Coast, and the tour will include his close friends, My Morning Jacket.

A few members from the band will be joining LaMontagne since they have been supporting each other creatively for years, Ray told me when I spoke with him on the phone this past week.

He is a very personal and soft spoken person with a poetic way of speaking that is mesmerizing. He took his time to thoroughly think about each questions to give me heartfelt answers that left me speechless.

This tour sounds like it is matchless, and I say that for many reasons. The most anticipated part of this show is that the beginning will be him playing solo, which he has not done in a very long time. He will also be rehashing some of his older songs that he has tried to forget with age. This means that your favorite songs you’ve never imagined witnessing live will be coming to you in less than two weeks.

The meaning of the word “ouroboros” is fascinating and has a lot to do with how Ray views the album himself. Ouroboros is a greek symbol of a snake swallowing its own tail to represent wholeness and infinity which spoke to him since he views the album as circular and complete. I could not agree more with this title after listening to the album.

Come see a true musician at work when he hits the stage in Pittsburgh very soon!

You can buy tickets here

University of Pittsburgh