Everything you missed at Pitt Script

Transitioning back to tradition

Pitt Script is back, and it is better than ever.

On Wednesday evening, the Peterson Events Center was packed with Pitt fans, waiting for the merchandise and uniform reveal. At 5 PM, there was an invite-only VIP event. Then at 6:30 PM, the uniform fashion show began.

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 11.44.19 PM

All throughout the evening, there was a silent auction with awesome Pitt gear. Some items being bid on were basketball uniforms available to be customized, football jerseys available to be customized, a Pat Narduzzi signed Pitt Script helmet, a mini-script helmet signed by Pitt great Dan Marino, a VIP package of 4 tickets to the Marshall football game, one package of 4 for the Villanova football game, and finally a basketball signed by Kevin Stallings and Suzie McConnell-Serio including a script cornhole set.

They also had the new script merchandise for sale in the lobby. T-shirts, coats, hats, leggings, purses, hoodies, jewelry- everything you could think of was available. I can say personally, I thought the merch was beautiful. I see my wallet being empty once I get back to school.

Once the clock hit 6:30 PM, the show began.

Shown above are the new Cheerleading and Dance Team uniforms. As you can see, even Roc has a new updated look.

Showcasing their new uniforms, the Men’s track and field and cross country teams are going to be looking great as they blow their competition away. The Women’s uni’s are similar, and they showcased the same uniform but with a blue base and gold sides as well.

These are the new Women’s Soccer uniforms, and the Men’s Soccer uniforms were the same. Keep in mind, these uniforms are subject to change since they are still in development.

I caught up with Kaylee Rabatin, a soccer player shown above in blue, and quickly asked her what Pitt Script meant to her. Her response: “We are reviving an old tradition. It was so fun, showing off the new script in front of everyone. It was the first time everyone saw it.” Shown in the background are the new Softball uni’s.

Here are the new Men’s and Women’s Swim and Dive outfits. They look comfy and able to keep them warm by the pool.

Fitting to be in the Pete viewing the new Women’s and Men’s Basketball uniforms. Complete with a design incorporating the Cathedral of Learning on the back, these are sure impressive.

Also, I won’t forget the new plans for the gym floor.

That’s right- the boards on the Peterson Events Center are getting replaced with the new logo. Even though the floor is changing, all the attention will be on our stylish new uniforms, and our new head coach of the Men’s Basketball team, Kevin Stallings.

Now it was time for football- a love of mine, and I hope some of you. The white uniform is featured with Pitt’s new matte helmet- navy in color and of course, with a huge Pitt Script covering the side. And, a little bird told me that there may be another uniform to add to the mix that wasn’t revealed at the Wednesday night showing.

Unfortunately, no one was available to model the new band uniforms. I assure you, they’re just as amazing as all the others that were shown tonight. Among those showcased, but not included in pictures in this article, were Baseball, Tennis, Gymnastics, and Volleyball. You can find links to those below.

Just in case you want to stay updated on your favorite Pitt sports teams, the social media accounts also got a makeover. Check out their new Twitter and Instagram handles (some did not change). Following the handles, the link to the runway video of each team is added. If you couldn’t make the event, that’s okay- just click on the links below to watch.

Pitt Athletics- @Pitt_ATHLETICS
Add them on Snapchat too- Pitt_Athletics

Baseball- @Pitt_BASE … BASEBALL
M. Basketball- @Pitt_MBB … M BB
W. Basketball- @Pitt_WBB … W BB
Football- @Pitt_FB … FB
Gymnastics- @Pitt_GYM … GYM
M. Soccer- @Pitt_MSOC … M SOC
W. Soccer- @Pitt_WSOC … W SOC
Softball- @Pitt_SB … SOFTBALL
Swimming & Diving- @Pitt_SWIM_DIVE … M S&D … W S&D
W. Tennis- @PITT_WTEN … TENN
Track & Field/XC- @Pitt_TF_XC … T&F/XC
Volleyball- @Pitt_VB … VB
Wrestling- @Pitt_WRES … WREST
Dance Team- @pittDT
Cheerleading- @pitt_cheer … DANCE & CHEER
Band- @PittBand

Giveaways were happening all week, on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, featuring various Pitt Script items. Whether it was trivia, such as knowing what year the script was introduced or just posting a selfie in your best script gear, it sure got fans even more excited for the big reveal on May 18th.

Notable Pitt alumni participated in the #PittScript reveal fun. Ruben Brown, Russ Grimm, Aaron Donald, Darrelle Revis, Dorin Dickerson, Lamar Patterson, Dion Lewis, Tyler Palko, Jabaal Sheard, Tyler Boyd, and Larry Fitzgerald all tweeted or posted pictures on Instagram of themselves in Pitt Script gear. Countless players also joined in, tweeting either #PittScript or #ScriptEra supporting the decision to go back to the script days.

Best of luck to all of Pitt’s Varsity sports on their 2016-2017 seasons. We will be cheering you on!

Hail to Pitt

University of Pittsburgh