I saw Bill Clinton speak at Pitt-Johnstown

He was booed by a lot of people

Johnstown, the small rural town about two hours outside of Pittsburgh, held the former President of the United States today as he campaigned for his wife. Bill Clinton was at Pitt-Johnstown telling his story and campaigning to the crowd of UPJ students.

Supporters of all kinds showed up to the Hillary Rally, from students chanting, “Feel the Bern” to those stomping their feet in support of the infamous frontrunner Trump.

Bill talked about Hillary and her plans if she wins the election, but not everybody in the crowd liked hearing that. In fact, some students were so put off by even hearing Bill support Hillary’s campaign that they spent the entire rally shouting at him.

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, don’t get me wrong, but I am of the opinion that if you choose to show up for a presidential candidate you don’t support, you are going to hear some things you don’t like. Bill handled it ever-so-graciously, as a past president with much experience being criticized. Kudos to the man for keeping his cool.

Here are some things about him you probably didn’t know.

1. He plays the saxophone and was in a band in high school called “Three Blind Mice”
  2. He once aced a radio quiz about My Little Pony
  3. He won a Grammy in 2005 for Best Spoken Word Album (My Life, a Bill Clinton Autobiography)
  4. He played Rugby in college, which led to his famous “itty-bitty running shorts” during his presidency.
  5. He eats the entire apple – all of it. Seeds, stem, core, everything

University of Pittsburgh