Kevin Stallings announced as Pitt’s new basketball coach and students are pissed

Social media is blowing up with petitions and pleas to fire him already

The Pittsburgh Panther men’s basketball team has replaced coach Jamie Dixon with Vanderbilt’s former coach, Kevin Stallings.

Coach Dixon left to coach his alma mater TCU, and after a lot of ups and downs, it was time for a change anyway.

However, this is not the change that most of the student body was hoping for. Stallings’ job security was uncertain when he left the Commodores, and if this distaste for the new coach continues, maybe his career with the University of Pittsburgh will end before it even started.

Pitt fans have taken to social media to express their opposition to this matter with some colorful language, pictures, and a petition that has been signed numerous times already.

When Pat Narduzzi tried to pump up the student body about the new coach, he was quickly shut down.

Even our favorite morning talk show hosts got in on the fun.

The student body is passionate about not letting this happen and almost a thousand signatures have been submitted already.

If you’re interested in signing this petition, click here.

Stallings made it into the Tribune Review with a less than perfect picture and caption for his image.

When a Pitt alumni was asked his opinion on the matter he said, “This is the best move they could have done given what was available.”

Even if this is the case, that doesn’t ease anyone’s fury regarding this matter.

Can Stallings ever come back from this after being given no hospitality and lacks any respect from the student body? We’ll have to see, but it takes a lot for Pittsburghers to give this cold of a shoulder so there must be a good reason.

University of Pittsburgh angry basketball coach conference jamie dixon kevin stallings pissed pitt pittsburgh social media stallings students twitter