Why Nashville, TN is the best hometown of them all

My favorite place below the Mason-Dixon

It’s no secret to Nashvillians that tourism has recently hit an all time high. Nashville is my favorite city on the face of the Earth and it’s 100% the best place for a multitude of reasons.

Whether you’re looking to spend a day, a week, or a lifetime in Music City, you’ll notice this place is pretty special for many reasons.

The food

Food is extremely important to me, especially the yummy-goodness that is created each and every day below the Mason-Dixon. Nashville has “meat-and-three” places, which is basically the best invention ever known to man.

You pick a meat and three sides, but not just any three sides. I’m talking BBQ chicken accompanied by mac and cheese, green beans AND mashed potatoes (at least that’s my choice).

Be sure to add the glorious liquid diabetes that is Sweet Tea – and for the love of God, don’t call it “iced tea.”

Insider tip: the best/most popular meat and three is Pucketts. I actually saw Taylor Swift at the Leipers Fork location.

Live music

I can always count on hearing live music basically everywhere. Want to add a little romance to your date? The acoustic sounds of an up and coming musician accompanied with dinner is the best way to go.

Activities

There’s always something going on in Nashville. You can count on sporting events like Preds games (NHL), Titans games (NFL) and the Sounds (minor-league baseball) games. The brand new convention center is always housing something new, Green Hills always has great shopping, The Gulch is always fun to explore and TPAC shows amazing Broadway musicals.

In the summer there is CMA fest, free dance lessons at the Parthenon (an exact replica of the one in Greece) and plenty of other things going on.

The people

With insults like “bless your heart,” you can count on the people down South and in Nashville to have a great outlook on life along with manners that are unrivaled across the nation. Nashville usually makes the top 10 in “Friendliest City” rankings, and for good reason.

Imagine a place where doors are always opened for the elderly, cars pull over for funeral processions, people go on real dates, neighbors always smile and wave to each other and check-out counter interactions end with “come back soon.”

The location

Take a short drive from Nashville to explore historic Franklin, quaint Nolensville, beautiful Brentwood or rustic Leipers Fork.

It’s home

Nashville will always have a special place in my heart because it’s home to me.

Penn State