We found the most original Christmas tree toppers at Penn State

Who says you can’t use a bottle of Grey Goose as your topper?

‘Tis the season, Christmas has finally arrived and who couldn’t be more thrilled to decorate their place. Being in college makes it a little different than being at home for one main reason: your budget.

Trees, decorations, ornaments, lights…TOPPERS – all these decorations are pricey, this is why when it comes to what Penn State students used as their tree toppers, you’ll be quite amused. Turns out it says a lot about you.

The gold star

Christmas is your favorite time of the year and you’re that type of person who wants to start decorating your place mid-November, but your roommates won’t let you. When it’s finally time, you make sure you bought all the decorations you could’ve ever found in every store, but here comes the decision about your topper.

If you always follow the tradition, you’ll go for a gold star and there you go. You have it.

The red solo cup

You’re a student and on a budget.

Decorating your place for Christmas costs a lot: the three, ornaments, lights. So when it comes to find the perfect topper, it could be a little expensive. So why not representing the perfect college Christmas tree topper and use a red solo cup?

Here’s your perfect college Christmas tree. And the presents underneath are exactly what you asked Santa for.

The vodka bottle

You partied the night before and you realize your tree is missing something… but what? Oh that’s right a topper. You found all the empty bottles in your apartment and you have the bright idea to use your bottle of Grey Goose as your topper. Quite original but it works, plus it’s an upgrade from the red solo cup.

Grey Goose > red solo cup

The crafty gold star

You’re an artistic student and love arts and crafts. You decide to make a Christmas tree out of tissue paper and cotton balls (I mean… you are on a budget), but you still need a tree topper even if you made your tree out of tissue paper, so you decide to make your topper out of yellow paper in a gold star shape.

The monument topper

You’re an international student and you decide Christmas trees aren’t for you and you’d rather use one of you famous country’s monuments than anything else.

Well I guess it’s pretty obvious in that case your topper is nothing else but the top of the Eiffel Tower. Maybe even just skip the tree all together.

No topper

You decide tree toppers aren’t for you and you already made an effort for putting up a tree in your dorm/apartment so you came to the conclusion your tree doesn’t need a topper.

Whether you love or hate Christmas, it’s inevitable there’s going to be some sort of Christmas cheer in your typically bare apartment. Your budget is not an excuse anymore, you can find the perfect tree topper in your messy apartment or your trash full of empty bottles.

Happy holidays, Penn State.

Penn State