What do you think about walking to class?

Yoga pants

Penn State is a large campus, especially for all of those who live off campus. It can take up to 30 minutes to get from home to class, or even from one class to another. Even with the buses, don’t always count on making it somewhere in ten minutes or less.

With so much time consumed just getting to and from classes, we wonder, what do students think during this time (when we’re not walking with our heads stuffed textbooks or our notes as we venture off to an exam)?

Adrienne Ruch, Junior, IST

“When I’m walking to class I’m usually thinking about the things that I have to do for the rest of the say, like class, meetings, assignments and other things like that.”

Mark Hoffmann, Senior, Economics

“Why did I come to school with such a big campus? And yoga pants.”

Evan Young, Freshman

“I sing in my head. Or I evaluate people’s fashion choices.”

Min Xian, Junior, Communications

“Thinking about assignments of the day. Am I missing anything? Am I on time? Thinking about food.”

Tucker Douglas, Freshman

“I listen to music and think about how much I don’t want to go to class.”

Kyle MacDonald, Senior, Engineering

“I am always so busy so I just put in my headphones and tune out. I let my music take my thoughts wherever they want to go.”

Hannah Geist, Junior, Secondary Education

“Usually I think about what would happen if I just got hit by someone on a bike. Like would I die? If not, how bad would it hurt and would it cause long term injury?”

Samantha Malizia, Junior

“I think about what other people are listening to, And wonder if they saw me practicing lip syncing.”

Penn State