You can apply to be the next Offensive Coordinator

Job 60957 on the Penn State jobs wesite is calling your name

Last weekend when students were driving back to campus after a well-deserved Thanksgiving break, we were greeted with the news that Offensive Coordinator John Donovan was fired after a shellacking from Michigan State 55-16.

For weeks fans and media were criticizing Donovan’s absurd play calls (not the jet sweep!), failure to score in the red zone (eight plays from the two yard line, need I say more), inability to make in-game adjustments (refer to the jet sweep), and his inadequate use of the personnel around him (Hackenberg is not a duel threat QB no matter how many times you try the wild cat).

Fans called for his firing and often suggested on social media that they could do better.

Well, here is your chance. Earlier today, job number 60957 was posted on the Penn State jobs website.

Job 60957 is titled Assistant Coach 4 (Offensive Coordinator/Position Coach).

Yes, what many fans had been expecting to be a meticulous nationwide search through the top candidates in college football has begun with a post in the classifieds. Now we are sure this is just for professional purposes and this is how every school begins their coaching search, but with a passionate fan base and one itching for success, I do not know if James Franklin knows what kind of Pandora’s Box he just opened.

The staff better be able to find time in between game planning for their impending bowl game to sift through what I am sure will be a hefty number of trolls and average Joes who believe they can do better than Donovan did.

For all of the people calling for the firing, you can apply here and test your prowess.

Let the scrutiny begin.

Penn State