The official Tab lecture drinking game

Why not learn about the fascinating world of Economics while getting plastered?

We’ve all fantasized about it and we know a shocking number of people who have done it: drinking in class.

Whether there’s some scholastic failure you need to forget, it’s a Friday afternoon lecture and you want to get a jump-start on the night’s festivities or the class is just intolerable sober, this game is a great way to get the most out of the education you’re paying an arm and a leg for. Make your parents proud.

The first part of this game has to do with the lecturer. Depending on how awful he/she is, you might end up under your desk and not even need the second part of this game.

Here are the rules:

Drink twice if they mention the name of someone you should probably know but don’t.

Drink twice for every stupid joke your lecturer makes (throw in an extra drink if that annoying kid that sits in the front laughs),

Drink every time they move the slideshow ahead before you’ve written everything down.

This one’s a kicker – you must drink after the professor addresses a question to the whole audience through the awkward silence until someone answers. Don’t answer yourself – there’s a penalty chug.

Take a shot for each minute the lecture runs over.

Drink three times every time the lecturer swears.

When they start talking about themselves (when THEY were in college, their kids, their spouse, etc) take a drink for every minute this goes on.

The second part of the game involves your peers.

Drink twice every five coughs (Penn State plague season anyone?).

Drink every time someone walks in late. If you have an 8am, good luck.

Drink every time you miss a clicker question (since you’ve been paying such careful attention…)

Drink twice every time you hear a phone go off – if it’s your own, chug for ten seconds. If you’re playing with multiple people (misery loves company) of course you can sabotage them with texts.

Drink every time “that kid” (we all know that kid) answers a question. Drink twice when they raise their hand to ask the professor to go back a slide (because that’s annoying AF).

Drink for every asshole on Reddit or girl on Pinterest or really anyone who obviously is not taking notes on their computer in front of you. Drink twice if it’s a sorority girl online shopping for bodycon dresses.

Lastly, drink every time you realize you’re not paying attention anymore (which might just be you chugging for the entirety of the class) or for the moment you make the conscious decision you really probably don’t need to take notes anyway. It’s fine, or something.

Shout out to anyone who is going to take on the challenge themselves, we claim zero responsibility for the situation you are putting yourself in and wish you the best of luck. This game is not for the faint of heart (or any of you lightweights out there shaming the Penn State name). Happy drinking!

Penn State