What would you give to be a freshman again?

Because somehow the smell of Vlad and regret are nostalgic

As a Penn State senior, I am one of the thousands who would love to be a freshman again. I have my reasons, and the thousands of others have theirs. I interviewed a few other PSU seniors to find out their take on being a freshman all over again.

Larissa Cooley, 21, Bio Psych

We asked Larissa, who is in the sorority Delta Gamma, if she missed being a freshman again.

“My little brother is a freshman now and watching him experience it and he is literally having the time of his life and this sucks. So yes.

“My parents were really strict so I was looking forward to breaking all their rules if we are being honest.” Essentially every boy’s dream answer…

Ryan Glass, 21, Supply Chain Management

Ryan Glass, a 21-year-old senior SCM major on the club lax team said: “I knew that right when I received the acceptance letter that I was going to Penn State. It was a surreal feeling.”

On reasons he wanted to be a freshman again he said: “It’s an experience I’ll never be able to get back. To make a list:

• Meeting new people
  • Being able to make bad decision, but being okay with it
  • The Big O
  • Roxy’s
  • Easy freshman classes
  • The walk back from a night of drinking downtown back to East.
  • Erika Spilker, a 21-year-old senior on the women’s lacrosse team seemed to have her shit together. She is applying for grad school and said: “I have been here for four years, I am ready to move on, get a job, and make some money.”

She said: “I would want to be a freshman again just because Penn State is like amazing. It is fun to be young like that.

“I have a magical feeling about Penn State. I was excited about that. I never even thought twice about coming here. I was excited about the big atmosphere, and the family atmosphere.

“I was talking to a friend of mine on the phone yesterday that just graduated, she told me I am so lucky to still be here at school.”

When asked if he wanted to be a feshman again, senior Ryan Burke said, “YES.” Very eagerly.

Ryan, 21-year-old Aerospace Engineer in Sig Chi said: “I want to stay. I am not ready to grow up. Not ready for real life responsibilities.

“The classes were so much easier. I would love another four football seasons here. Being in those tight dorms forced you to meet so many people. But I do love being 21.”

Spencer Satz, 22, Supply Chain Management

Another senior who loves being able to go out and enjoy the bar scene is Spencer Satz, a 22-year-old SCM major from New Jersey.

Spencer said: “I wish I could experience freshman year and the feeling of what is to come again. Now that I am a senior about to enter the real world I have that same feeling. I am excited to enter the real world and hopeful that I will be doing something I like in a place I want to be at.

“I want to be freshman again because I loved living in East halls. It is a place you meet a lot of other kids your age that want to meet new friends too. I also liked the food, specifically prime rib Wednesdays.”

So no surprise, Penn State seniors would love to be freshman again. Some would do just about anything to be a freshman one more time. Others are actually ready to graduate. Everyone is different, and everyone has his or her own reasoning.

Regardless, people love being able to make bad decisions while being okay with it. As my roommate’s dad would often say: “College.”

P.S. Note to freshman from seniors: enjoy it while it lasts. You will miss it sooner than you believe.

Penn State