Sheetz vs. Wawa: The Penn State feud

Where do your true loyalties lie?

Penn State has always been divided: Steelers vs. Eagles, Yinz vs. Y’all, Primanti’s vs. Pat’s. But this week, with the opening of new restaurant model for the typical Sheetz gas station, the debates now include Sheetz vs. Wawa.

These hybrid convenience stores and gas stations, have many fans. Wawa is set along the east coast and the Philadelphia area, whereas Sheetz is focused along western and central Pennsylvania.

Here at PSU, people generally fall into one of three categories: ardent Wawa devotees, lukewarm Sheetz supporters, or people who didn’t care whose food they ate as long as their drunk selves are being fed.

So The Tab hit the streets and asked the age old question: Wawa or Sheetz?

Robby McCormick, Junior

“Wawa definitely. I went to Sheetz a couple times, wasn’t happy with the quality. Went to Wawa every time, was happy with the quality every time.”

Wawa: 1
Sheetz: 0

Nicki Generose, Freshman

“Wawa. Sheetz to me is less classy.”

Wawa: 2
Sheetz: 0

Christina Martinelli, Freshman

“Wawa. It’s nicer, there’s more options, and it’s just classier.”

Wawa: 3
Sheetz: 0

Amanda Taylor, Freshman

“Sheetz. They have the best milkshakes, there’s no competition.”

Wawa: 3
Sheetz: 1

Payton Haefner, Freshman

“Wawa is the best thing to ever happen. You can get gas but also get whatever your heart desires, and it doesn’t have greasy or gross food like Sheetz… Also their coffee is to die for.”

Wawa: 4
Sheetz: 1

Awele Ajufo, Junior

“Wawa. They’re both unhealthy, but Wawa’s not as unhealthy, and they don’t have greasy stuff like Sheetz does. I don’t like the environment really, it feels like a gas station where Wawa feels like a magical experience.”

Wawa: 5
Sheetz: 1

Kristin Merket, Junior

“I just don’t like the food at Sheetz. Sheetz is more for the drunk people. I feel like that’s a good time to go to Sheetz otherwise. I have to go to Sheetz here because there are no Wawas.”

Wawa: 6
Sheetz: 1

Mike Scaringelli, Junior

“I prefer Wawa because you get more of the food-market experience that you want instead of a truck-stop fast-food place feel you get when you go into a Sheetz. The Wawas are much cleaner and there’s a bigger variety of food you can get. The service is a lot quicker than at Sheetz. Also, Wawa is a lot more prominent where I live.”

Wawa: 7
Sheetz: 1

Allison Collum, Junior

“I like Wawa better. I’m from Minnesota, so we don’t have either one. I’ve just had it here and I think the food is way better at Wawa and I like the system better.”

Wawa: 8
Sheetz: 1

Hannah Zimmerman, Senior

“I like Wawa better, even though I ate Sheetz my whole life. I feel like Sheetz only is centered around fried foods, and I don’t like that.”

Wawa: 9
Sheetz: 1

Ryan Haines, Freshman

“I prefer Sheetz. It’s what I grew up with close to my house, and so Wawa will only be an on-vacation kind of thing.”

Wawa: 9
Sheetz: 2

Connor Smith, Sophomore

“Sheetz, it has more variety. I’ve had both, and my personal opinion is Sheetz is just better.”

Wawa: 9
Sheetz: 3

Mitch Trinh, Junior

“I prefer Wawa over Sheetz because the food is healthier, Sheetz feels like it’s more fast-food. Wawa feels like home for me.”

Wawa: 10
Sheetz: 3

Shamar Bowman, Junior

“I like Wawa more. I feel like it tastes more homemade and the quality is better. Sheetz has a wider variety but I feel like it’s more fast-food.”

Wawa: 11
Sheetz: 3

Ruchi Patel, Freshman

“What’s the point in going to a Wawa knockoff when the real deal is available? Nothing beats the BBQ Mac and Cheese at Wawa.”

Wawa: 12
Sheetz: 3

Danielle Somerville, Freshman

“In my life I have had many people let me down, but Wawa has never let me down. At Wawa it’s impossible to have a bad meal….I can always count on Wawa to give me exactly what I need.”

The final score:
Wawa: 13
Sheetz: 3

Are you Team Wawa or Team Sheetz?

Penn State