Our top brunch spots near Penn

“Brunch without prosecco is just a sad, late breakfast”

Whether you’re dreading or eagerly lakenticipating your parents’ arrival on Friday, a family meal is an unavoidable aspect of Penn’s upcoming Parents Weekend.

So take advantage of this rare opportunity to have a decent meal and bring your parents to our top brunch spots. Not only will you impress them with your seemingly extensive knowledge of the Philly food scene, but you may even get them to forget about that Econ midterm you just failed.

If you’re planning on staying in the West Philly area, there are plenty of options close to campus that will satisfy your late­morning cravings.

White Dog Cafe

Where

3240 Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA

All the rave

Blueberry pancakes, Avocado BLT, Truffle Parmesan fries

Reviews

“White Dog is a Penn favorite and the perfect place for a family brunch­­their small menu is surprisingly diverse, allowing for anyone to find a meal of their choice.”

“The intimate atmosphere of the cafe is conducive to close conversation, the ideal (or complete opposite) for catching up with family.”

Menu

Sabrina’s

While White Dog and Sabrina’s are great options near Penn, families looking to explore more of Philadelphia should highly consider some favorites further away from campus.

Where

​227 N 34th St​. Philadelphia, PA 19104

All the rave

Stuffed Challah French Toast, Sweet Potato Fries, Huevos Rancheros

Reviews

“Sabrina’s has amazing food and excellent service­­just be prepared to wait for a table. I was particularly in love with their sweet potato fries. The environment itself is incredibly warm, always busy and filled with lots of natural lighting.”
-Fall food/instagram experts Alden Terry and Kyler McVay

Menu

Green Eggs Cafe

Green Eggs Cafe is the perfect place to bring your mom when she asks about your diet.

Remember to smile and wave while you stuff your Creme Brulee French Toast in your mouth.

Where

212 S 13th St

All the rave

The Red Velvet, chocolate chip pancakes are the first stop to diabetes but they are seriously beautiful.

Also, Carrot Cake Waffles, Creme Brulee French Toast, Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese.

Menu

Honey’s Sit N’ Eat

For another disgustingly healthy meal, check out Honey’s. Last time I went I rolled home, and that’s when you know you’ve done it right.

Where

2101 South St

All the rave

Chocolate chip and banana pancakes, mac and cheese pancakes, the pancake bomb (a pancake stuffed with eggs and bacon), toad in a hole

Menu

Brick and Mortar

Photo courtesy of @bamphilly

Where

​315 N 12th St

All the rave

Ricotta Pancakes, Pork Belly Benedict

Menu

The Dandelion

Photo courtesy of @nidabun

Great place to go for a relaxed brunch, pub­style.

Where

124 S 18th St

All the rave

Their ricotta is to die for. Like I would literally like to be drowned in it. But also Scotch Pancakes with Maple apples and cinnamon cream.

Menu

Day by Day

Photos courtesy of @stephanieloo and @kristiexsays

Where

2101 Sansom St

All the rave

Week’s Special Stuffed Challah French Toast, Potato Pancake Benedict, Smoked Salmon Omelette with dill sour cream

Menu

Renata’s

Photo courtesy of @eringkim

Ladies who brunch, do us proud.

Where

4533 Baltimore Avenue

All the rave

Chocolate French Toast, Almond sweet cream cheese, Lebanese Shakshuka

Menu

UPenn: Penn