OSA makes final push for students to cast their ballots

Voting is sexy: drop off your ballot by 8pm at the EMU

The Oregon Student Association (OSA) is on campus today making a final push for students to fill out their ballots with a with a “get out the vote” drive.

Rubeus, the ultimate voting mascot

“Our goal is to point people towards the box, and we’re fortunate to have one by the EMU,” said OSA employee Alice Morrison .

OSA also had student volunteers spreading the message by passing out stickers and pamphlets, encouraging people to fill out their ballots.

“Ballots pertain to the students and how much tuition costs, and if they want lower tuition then we need better funding for education,” senior Cameron Riach said.

Cameron (left) and Matt (right) urge people to make a change by dropping their ballots in the box by 8 pm tonight

Even those who aren’t able to vote yet, such as high school student Adriann Bechtle still seen an importance for students to get out and make a difference.

“I think people need to vote because it puts their voice in a democracy,” Bechtle said.

Voting is sexy: UO Student Association’s Brianna Ross is ready for election day

Each measure has a separate impact, and it’s important to take into account that students show the rest of the state that they’re serious about what’s going on around them.

“So many people see us as disenfranchised voters,” said senior Matt Milner.

“If people want to complain then the need to speak up.”

At the end of the day, the decisions being voted on affect all students.

“Even though I’m not able to vote yet, I see as a student taking classes here as a high school student how much it affects them and how important it is,” Bechtle added.

University of Oregon