Ducks’ defensive lineman pleads not guilty to alleged sexual assault

He’s suspended indefinitely

Oregon football received some sour news Wednesday when defensive lineman Eddie Lamont Heard was sent to Lane County jail upon being accused of fourth degree assault and harassment.

UO police said a 20-year-old woman reported Tuesday that Heard tried to sexually harass her at Taylor’s Bar & Grill . The woman then left the bar. Heard followed and punched her in the face, according to police.

Photo courtesy of Lane County jail

The report was first released by Eugene’s local station, KVAL, who spoke to police who also said that the “20-year-old woman reported Tuesday that Heard tried to touch her without her permission multiple times at Taylor’s Bar & Grill between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. on Sunday, October, 30, despite her “loud vocal protests.”

Despite her trying to leave Taylor’s she couldn’t escape before he punched her in the face.

Heard pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor charge on Thursday in front of the District Attorney. However, if he was found guilty, he would have to pay a Class A fine of $6250.00 and up to a year in jail.

When asked about the incident, ducks’ football head coach Mark Helfrich stated:

“Eddie Heard has been suspended indefinitely and we will take appropriate action as details develop.”

Heard’s trial is scheduled for December 8 at 2:30 pm.

More to follow

University of Oregon