Scarily easy: How to dress for Halloween without leaving your room

Who has the time or money?

Halloween is just around the corner, and people are starting to figure out what they’re wearing for that frat party, not to mention the big bash on Friday night. However, not everyone has time to plan their costumes.

In a rush? If you haven’t had time to order costumes or plan out an intricate group ensemble, we’re here to help: here are 5 easy, last minute costumes for Halloweekend.

Note: you can make any of these costumes “Zombie” by adding fake blood, or “sexy” by wearing less.

Lumberjack

T-I-M-B-E-R!

All you need for this costume is a red flannel (they are really “in” this season), a homemade axe, and a beanie. You can add more if you want, but this is really all you need. I made the axe (you couldn’t tell, could you?) by taping a notecard to an empty paper towel roll. You could even go so far as to include a fake beard, or put some makeup on to create a 5 o’clock shadow.

Rosie the Riveter

You do you

She’s a classic for a reason. Rosie the Riveter has stood the test of time, and with the election coming up there’s no better icon to dress as. Unless you’ve got a pantsuit in your closet.

Most people have a denim shirt of some kind in their closets, and the bandana is the other main component. Throw on your favorite red lipstick and get out there. Easy-peasy, no fuss no muss. Get it girl.

Lion

Meow

This one is a little more makeup heavy, but totally doable. You can change the vest for all black or leopard print to be a regular cat, but I love the faux fur for this costume.

For the makeup, I just used a pencil liner to make the spots, nose and top lip, liquid liner for the whiskers and the curl at the edges of the mouth, and a brown lipstick for the bottom lip.

There are so many tutorials on YouTube that you could watch as well if you want to go even harder with the makeup. This look would also be amazing with super curly hair.

G.I. Jane

M’am, yes m’am

It might be hard to see, but camo is the way to go! Camouflage and army jackets are very on trend right now, so if you don’t have either in your closet, they will be super easy to find. I paired a camouflage shirt with an army jacket, plain black leggings, and some black combat boots. Super comfy but still super cute. And since it’ll be pretty chilly on Halloween, this will keep you pretty warm.

Ballerina

Let’s kick it!

Once again, bodysuits are super on trend so if you don’t already have one they are super easy to find and not very expensive. Being a ballerina myself, I already had the leotard and the skirt. But if you don’t have either, a bodysuit and simple skirt works well, with a high ballet bun and some ballet flats. You could also DIY this costume by getting some sheer fabric and tying it around your waist.

How easy was that? Go forth and Happy Halloween!

University of Oregon