Oregon wide receiver out for season with torn ACL

Devon Allen is injured just weeks after returning from the Olympics

It’s been a banner athletic year for Oregon Track and Football star Devon Allen. The junior receiver has just come off a magical stint at the 2016 Olympics, coming fifth in the 110-meter hurdle finals.

However, his career hit a snag on Saturday afternoon. In the Duck’s football match up against Nebraska, Allen sustained an ACL tear in his left knee while running down the field late in the fourth quarter.

The injury was first reported by 247sports.com and was believed to occur on a non-contact play.

This is not the first injury for the star, as the NCAA 110-meter hurdles champion sat out the 2015 Track and Field season following an ACL injury during the Ducks’ competition during the 2015 Rose Bowl.

Upon his return from the Olympics, the speed man decided to forgo an opportunity to turn professional in track and instead decided to keep playing football.

He will sit out the rest of the year and it’s still unclear if he will continue to play football after he recovers.

The Ducks also lost offensive lineman Tyrell Crosby to what appears to be a broken foot. According to Oregonlive, Crosby and Allen’s injuries happened just an hour apart.

University of Oregon