Every Facebook group Oregon students need to join

Connected Ducks are the best Ducks

With classes and new opportunities and activities every second, your first week can be a whirlwind of trying to find your way around your new second home. But fear not, we’re here to help with your ultimate guide to the University of Oregon Facebook groups.

Finding an internship, a place to live next year or the latest campus gossip just got a whole lot easier.

You’re welcome.

Your class page

Typically formed after admissions decisions are released, this is a central place for incoming students to get to know each other. No matter where you’re from, your class group is a safe place for you to meet new people.

For those living in the dorms, it can also be used as tool to find a roommate as well. The links for classes 2017-2020 are below:

Class of 2020

Class of 2019

Class of 2018

Class of 2017

UO

The nice thing about this group is that it is strictly limited to Oregon students. It requires a uoregon.edu address to join, and opens up other groups such as textbook buybacks, events, and free things.

You can also search groups based on your major and interests, and the group will help you identify them.

Jobs and Internships 

A group within the UO page, this can be a useful tool when you’re job hunting. This is basically students helping other students, where people will post job and internship openings as they are released, both for on campus and post-graduation.

The best thing is that it involves wide range of interests and majors, so there’s something for everyone. You may also find some connections within these groups, and joining opens up potential for asking students who have previously interned with a company some questions with applying etc.

Already set up but have something you want other students to experience?  Go ahead and post it! Every bit counts.

Free and For Sale

Looking for some cheap furniture for your new apartment or a small item that Target doesn’t carry? No worries, chances are someone has it.

An open group within UO, students can go on and browse as well as post items of interest for others.

Housing

In a housing debacle? The Housing group has your back.

In this group students post apartment listings  that are generally tailored to a student-friendly budget.

Events and Parties

Source: Events and Parties page

Unsure on what to do on a weekend? Events and Parties posts the latest things happening around both Eugene and the university itself.

From concerts to small gatherings, everyone is sure to find something that interests them.

Major-specific groups

Connecting with students in your major can help forge relationships later on

Most majors will often have groups for students to connect with one another. Located in the UO group, most majors have a page where students can ask questions and bounce ideas off one another.

From connecting with people who share your same passion to asking clarifying questions, this is one of the most important groups to join.

Eugene Oregon

Source: Eugene Oregon group

A local page, this group posts all the happenings around town. It can be a good tool to find local events and postings as well as connect with town merchants.

This is another resource for job postings as well, and a place to interact with others in the community who are there to support students.

From housing offers to job postings, Facebook groups can make students’ lives easier with every click. There’s a group for everyone – take a look!

University of Oregon